RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Get Hulu to your TV via Wii, Xbox360 or PS3

HartmannTech.com

Play-on is a way to do that. I wonder if the quality has improved at all, because last time I used it about a year ago, it looked really bad, certainly not something I would want to watch with any regularity.

Amen to that. I used it about 2-3 months ago and it was pretty bad. The concept is pretty cool but they need to work on there delivery and content quality.

The quality is not great but I wonder if that has to do with one's internet speed, however, this setup performs well with "get more for less" and it will prepare one to cut cable TV. Playon is in my opinion a short term solution do to the CES 2010 Boxee.tv announcement. We will soon be seeing their take on internet based TV.
For now Playon will solve the problem with no extra monthly costs and no extra hardware under your TV. I like to see a clean TV room with just a TV and an Xbox360. On er personal note, I am waiting for the Xbox360 Update to support ATT U-Verse which will give you access to lots of channels via the Internet.

I don't think it's network because Hulu via Hulu Desktop or Netflix via the MediaCenter add-in are 50x better quality than what play-on supports (or at least when I last used it).

We saw Play-on at showstoppers at CES and the interface looked good to me. I had never seen it before so I have no point of reference, but it didn't look bad. Reviewing it is on my list of things to do in the next couple of months, but it may never get done. I have been leaning on my 2 box 360s as of late for media streaming, so not sure I would even use it at home.

Speaking of the 360, did I hear that they are going to stream ESPN on it? I'd rather have a ESPN app in media center that could be watch thru the 360. Thoughts?

Yeah, ESPN, ABC, Disney is rumored to be looking into that. I'd love it personally. Heck I'd pay a monthly fee just to be able to get all of my UF football and basketball games.

I don't get ESPN with my cable and have been watching it for free on ESPN360.com. Would love to see that come to Media Center or the 360, but mostly the 360.

On a side note if you sign up for AOL Desktop and configure it properly (the savvy will prevail) you can gain access to Hulu, US Comedey Central or any US only site easily as they end up proxying you quite effectively from the heartland of the USA while not gaining the ire of thei Hulu etc. proxy filtering gods. One may contact me directly for further info as doing so here will result effectively in annoying the thought police and may result in an intervention. So I will elobarate no further. Your end speed is paramount and results may vary.