RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DA Document Manager

geek-accountant

diehard, or anyone else, are you still using DA Document Manager? I had an issue with it last year and contacted the company. They were super responsove and even sent me a test version. I ran the test, sent them the results and they said thanks, the data has what we need. That was before Christmas time and I haven't heard a word from them since. I wonder if they have stopped working on the v1 Add-in and moved resources to getting the WHS v2 version completed.

At the time I tried it the program couldn't automatically import the 2-3K

pdf's I had already scanned in. It had an auto folder watcher that didn't appear to work.

I certainly didn't feel like importing and labeling all those docs. Don;t know if things have

changed?

Sounds similar to my issue. There was a huge lag between each document I added to the database. With only 50+ pdf's in the database, I wasn't about to go any further with my 1000+ documents until that issue was fixed.

I know they have v2 in the works. Are you using the latest version 3.1.105 ?

Can you elaborate more on your issue ?

I am using version 3.1.100.

The issue was, when I have an image pulled up in box 1 (Workspace), I then enter all my descriptions, dates, keywords, etc in box 2 (Workspace Form). Once complete I hit either the “Save & Keep Form Info” or the “Save & Clear Form Info” button. It then takes 30 seconds or more to complete the task with the most time spent on the “Removing temporary files” task. The database and the original scan are stored on my WHS which is connected to my PC via a 1ghz connection.