RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

uPnP

lkleijwegt

I am from the Netherlands.

I have done several installations but recently I did an installation where the ADSL modem router is uPNP compatible but in some way the WHS (Acer H340) cannot not find the server itself but when I type the ip-address: no prblem. Where do I start to solve this problem. What do you do if the software itself cannot find the server?

The router is a KPN experia box

Have you tried it with both the uPNP turned on and off? Also, does it work if you type in the computer name, not the IP address?

It is not clear how you have this hooked up but I am assuming that you are not using a separate router and that you using just the KPN? Assuming that, many ADSL modem/routers use a form of internal IP mapping which can casuse pain. For starters, turn off uPnP in your router and use the port forwarding as defined by MS and make sure that you can access the server internally (would also recommend a fixed IP on your server). Unless I am wrong, this is also a VOIP modem so you may have some port forwarding conflicts. If possible, give more detail like screen shots of your router screens blanking out any personal information of course.