RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MyMovies 3 / Total Media Theater 5 / 7 MC Video Demo

vinylfreak

Hi Everyone,

There has been a lot of discussion lately on which path to go down re: BluRay playback within 7 Media Center in conjunction with WHS ver. 1.

I put together a short Video Demo of how I accomplish this on my system using My Movies 3 / Total Media Theater 5 / 7 MC. I apologize in advance that the Video is not perfect.

There is some obvious Video Banding going on in the recording. I do however think that it still shows the functionality and value of the software.

* If anyone out there has any personal knowledge of how I can eliminate the horizontal video banding issue in future demos I would Greatly appreciate it. :D

MyMovies 3 / TMT 5 Demo

* I updated the video demo from youtube to a Vimeo version. I think it looks a little better. B)

Edited by vinylfreak

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CablDeViL

• vinylfreak

• awraynor

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

VF great vid. Will MM and TMC5 play mkvs also?

I have the VT20 50 inch and I did all the calibration but I just had it calibrated by a pro this Thursday and Holy Cow worth every penny, he was here for 6 hours. If you need someone to calibrate your VT let me know they fly all over the country. Sorry not to Canada =P

I have the VT20 50 inch and I did all the calibration but I just had it calibrated by a pro this Thursday and Holy Cow worth every penny, he was here for 6 hours. If you need someone to calibrate your VT let me know they fly all over the country. Sorry not to Canada =P

Not to Canada? Their loss :blink:

Great video. I hope the guy on Entertainment 2.0 sees the video and how wrong he is. How can he condemn a product and then admit he didn't play with it enough to know for sure. I hope he doesn't rejoin the podcast after the trip to Romania. I didn't care much for his input before this topic developed.

Glad you liked the demo.

I have a GT-25 50 inch. I used the Spears and Munsil Calibration Disc to tweak mine. (PQ is Breathtaking!! ) :D I'm sure a Pro calibration would make mine look a little better, but I just cant justify the added expense right now.

I personally have ZERO experience with MKV files. But I will look into it for you and get back with you.

My personal philosophy on file conversion and trans coding is I just don't have that kinda time.

I rip in Full Fidelity and dump the movies after they are watched.

Glad you liked the demo.

I have a GT-25 50 inch. I used the Spears and Munsil Calibration Disc to tweak mine. (PQ is Breathtaking!! ) :D I'm sure a Pro calibration would make mine look a little better, but I just cant justify the added expense right now.

I personally have ZERO experience with MKV files. But I will look into it for you and get back with you.

My personal philosophy on file conversion and trans coding is I just don't have that kinda time.

I rip in Full Fidelity and dump the movies after they are watched.

If you read Daves post on ripping preferences I posted that I don't trans-code or compress my BR just rip out the junk I dont need to fill my Raid/DE with. Then I put it into a nice container cool.gif Nice pick on the GT! Long live the Kuro.

According to ArcSofts website, TMT5 does support MKV playback. ;)

http://bit.ly/frdlDk

VinylFreak,

Great job on the video. Other than mine boots straight into media center and I never see the desktop, you have the same set up as I do. I hope you sent the link to you know who as well. Great job and nice setup.

VinylFreak,

Great job on the video. Other than mine boots straight into media center and I never see the desktop, you have the same set up as I do. I hope you sent the link to you know who as well. Great job and nice setup.

Thanks! Mike! Glad you liked it.

I do quite a bit of general computing and web surfing on my HTPC.

Its nice to have a 50 inch monitor. :D

And Yes..."you know who" has been sent a link. :rolleyes: