RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Good Mini-ITX Case Comparison

mrossco

I came across this article, and I wanted to pass it along. Whether its home server or a media center, we look at Mini-ITX builds from time to time. The article attempts to compare 5 different Mini-ITX cases including the Lian Li PC-Q08 of Project BIOS Reset fame, but it also happens to include good information on issues associated with Mini-ITX in general.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mini-itx-small-form-factor-pc-case,2814.html

I just bought the Silverstone SG05 for my router project and I absolutely loved it. Very easy to work on and very quiet. It is also available in a 450 watt model. You also can't go wrong with the Q08 but the others are very nice but do not seem to have the esthetics that I like. I like that brushed aluminum look. Thanks for the article.

I just bought the Silverstone SG05 for my router project and I absolutely loved it. Very easy to work on and very quiet. It is also available in a 450 watt model. You also can't go wrong with the Q08 but the others are very nice but do not seem to have the esthetics that I like. I like that brushed aluminum look. Thanks for the article.

I think I'll look at the Silverstone for my HTPC, or do you have another case you prefer even more for that application?

I think I'll look at the Silverstone for my HTPC, or do you have another case you prefer even more for that application?

Depends on space. If you want to match the look and fell of audio equipment, consider a half height or full height HTPC case PC-37 for exammple. Otherwise this is a great choice. Very quiet, great ventilation and you can put two single width cards in it,

I am looking for a designer ITX case... I have a WAF to take care of...the cubes are not on her "That would be ok list"... any high end good looking designer cases out there?

Also looking at some of the Sandy bridge ITX models, Gigabyte has a nice one...as well as Zotac... any others?