RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 72, what do you think ?

diehard

This podcast was somewhat unusual. The team got back together and we spoke about what they came back with from CES and hope to roll out on future podcasts.

WHS was not on the CES radar this year. Expect from LaCie. But DLNA media devices were. Since a lot of us are storing and accessing our media from our servers, it will be nice to see how this will impact WHS.

Then you got a bunch of unscripted CES interviews. Let us know what caught your interest.

John (homeservershow).

Clearly the guys had a ball at CES
Shame there was nothing significant announced around WHS there - guess we had to make do with the Media Center stuff
Thanks to the team for taking the time to record some great interviews for us

Hey Bodog,

With the last few podcasts, things have been a bit disorganised for me. I'm hoping to mention the demigrator freezing issue. Sorry for the delay.

John (homeservershow).

Thanks and totally understand - not sure if you've checked out the Connect case or the thread over on WGS which has some interesting debate on the issue

Hey - maybe you and I will get to CES new year and join in the fun!

My observations (not being critical).

1. Dave's voice was A LOT different being out in the crowd at CES verses his normal laid back, soft spoken manner.
2. The audio level varied a lot so I had to keep adjusting volume.
3. The show ended abruptly. There was no out-tro.
4. Interviews were good. There is nothing like hearing the direct answers to some of your questions because you get a feeling for their dramatic pause when they don't want to answer.

Don't take my points as critical. Just observations. Keep up the good work. You have definately made me a fan of your podcast!

Chris

My 2 cents,

1.) Loved the interviews, it was natural and "real".
2.) CES 2010 seems to have been fun and truly a geek heaven.
3.) I don't think 3D TV will move as fast as they think... and many people have purchased the new TV's last year due to the USA/Canada moving to digital. Maybe they missed the boat... and I'm not wearing 3D-glasses over my reading glasses either. (ha-ha)
4.) Disappointed that Microsoft is not pushing WHS a bit more... competition has increased with interesting solutions from what I have read.
5.) I will be getting into Media Center a lot more this year and using my WHS as storage and that new HDHomerun device, I've started to save my pennies for this one.

Can I go next year...? I'll wash your car....shine shoes...

I noticed a few other press releases that came out one of which seems interesting but expensive... did anyone come across this one?

ZaggBox

will you be showing more of your discoveries....

Thanks' again, great job guy's

TheGuy

Good feedback folks. We definitely did have a lot of fun at the show. I realize things might have been a bit thrown together but Dave had a ton of files to stitch together. Let's just say it makes us look a lot more organized that we actually are/were.

Jim and I just realized that we forgot to hit the Crash Plan booth! We both had it on our calendars but didn't go. Darn. I'm playing with LaCie's solution "Waula". I'll keep you all posted as I learn more about it.

Interviews and excitement where great and allowed us to share the experience but certainly won't replace your regular podcasts which I enjoy. Keep it up guys and nice work at CES. Plan on going next year myself.

Thanks for the good feedback guys. It's always helpful to hear what you have to say. We are learning right along with you.

CES is absolutely insane. If you are planning on going next year, be ready for a tech hangover when you get back. And get in shape before you go. You are on your feet all day.

It was a great time! Thanks for listening and your comments and for keeping the forums going while we were out!