RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unhealthy disk in WHS v1

Dave

My WHS version 1 is reporting an unhealthy disk. Argh. It just so happens to be my largest drive in the server at 2TB and it's 99% full. I'm currently doing a BDBB backup to make sure I have the most recent backups captured somewhere else and I've done a complete share backup to external drives. I'll then dig into the drive and see what's going on. I'll keep the thread updated.

All backups done, BDBB done. Reboot and it took much longer than normal. It's all green and clean, or so it reports. Hmmmmm.......

Everything. Even my DVD rips. Copied all data to another location as well. I was more concerned about losing my backups. I need to be more diligent on backing those things up even though I do have them duplicated with BDBB. I'm about (holding two fingers very close together) this close to pulling my Vail test server and putting v1 on it.

You have everything duplicated?

I have had this problem now for about 3months. seems like every 5 days or so it happens I do the repair and it seems to fix it. but it comes back.

I had thought it was my HD so I swapped it out. Moved the drive to my external eSata case and all seemed ok

Another 5 days or so later it shows up again. I do the repair again and all is good. for another few days.

Seems it might be my moatherbaord or just that port. My problem is all ports are full and like the space.

Have you made sure all your SATA cables are securely fastened? If they are, might be a bad cable.

I'm on the HP x510. Load and go. I'm going to keep an eye on the drive in question to see how it does in the future.

I have tried other cables so i'm guessing it's the board.

Thats why i'm testing WHS2011 as if it seems to work for me I will end up building a full new box for it

• 2 weeks later...

Uh-oh, I've got trouble now. My production HP DataVault v1 stopped responding today. No drive access no RDP so I shut it down and started it back up. It's currently running but with no access. Lights on the front are solid and the health light is flashing. I'm not sure what is up. Still no access to it.