RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSD in Vista Tablet PC

DutchWHS

I'm seriously considering to install an SSD in my current laptop, it's a Fujitsu LifeBook T - a Windows Vista Professional Tablet PC, with full keyboard as well as pen input. I absolutely love it, even though it is a bit old. I would really like some speed improvements though. Does an SSD work in all machines, or are there special requirements?

If so, what are these?

I also wouldn't mind upgrading to W7, but am not sure whether the pen interface is included, does anybody know?

Would really like to hear your thoughts, Thanks!

Guest no-control

Yes an SSD would be a great way to boost speed. No special requirements outside of SATAII/III connection and 2.5" form factor. Also windows 7 supports the touch and pen interface and would also lighten the load as it isn't as RAM heavy as Vista.

Windows 7 improved tablet functions including pen interface (from what I have read).

You might need to tell us a little more about the laptop. Things like CPU and RAM. A quick Google check on Fujitsu LifeBook T doesn't return very many positive experiences with installing an SSD.

If you want speed improvements you might be farther ahead with a CPU upgrade or maxing out the RAM (depending on the OS of course).

Windows 7 improved tablet functions including pen interface (from what I have read).

You might need to tell us a little more about the laptop. Things like CPU and RAM. A quick Google check on Fujitsu LifeBook T doesn't return very many positive experiences with installing an SSD.

If you want speed improvements you might be farther ahead with a CPU upgrade or maxing out the RAM (depending on the OS of course).

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's an Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7300 @2Ghz. It's got 2Gb of RAM. It is a T4220.

Edited by DutchWHS

Yes an SSD would be a great way to boost speed. No special requirements outside of SATAII/III connection and 2.5" form factor. Also windows 7 supports the touch and pen interface and would also lighten the load as it isn't as RAM heavy as Vista.

Hmm, sounds sweet - I love my pen interface to mark up documents or make notes when talking to people (I have the tablet in slate mode, so there is no screen between me and the other person).

For Vista, there was a special tablet-PC version - so this is not longer required for W7?

Guest no-control

My laptop is similar to your tablet. U7300 C2D w/ 4GB RAM and a G.Skill SSD Its pretty fast for a ULV cpu

RAM is dirt cheap right now I would jump on that upgrade along with the SSD. W7 has touch and tablet natively in all versions including Home Premium and above.