RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How To: Videos for SBS 2011

diehard

I just saw the other post with the comparison and it appears that SBS has the media streaming. So why go with WHS other than cost, which is not an issue for msdn.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to a bunch of Small Business Server Learning Bites How To: Videos. B)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c4968092-cd7b-4ae7-80f5-cbe96b926d43

Does anyone know of/have a comparison sheet of features/functions of Home Business Server versus WHS?

Keith

Edit: Sorry, I just saw Andne's post...

Edited by Jazman

I know that when you install the SBS connector, it prompts to redirect folders to the server and move your local profile. I am not certain if WHS does the same thing or not, does anyone else know?

WHS2011 does not.

WHS2011 supports 10 current PC backups while SBS2001E supports 25.

WHS2011 supports 1 CPU while SBS2011E supports 2 CPU's

SBS2001E supports virtualization.

I know that when you install the SBS connector, it prompts to redirect folders to the server and move your local profile. I am not certain if WHS does the same thing or not, does anyone else know?

Are you talking about your personal settings and files. For instance, instead of your system created my documents, downloads, music, etc being on your desktop, it will move them to the server? If that is the case, that is an awesome feature.

I just saw the other post with the comparison and it appears that SBS has the media streaming. So why go with WHS other than cost, which is not an issue for msdn.

Good question, especially if I understand the feature above correctly.

I assume you don't have to use a domain for SBS?