RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for a good case

Citezein

Info:

Zotac MSRP for the Zotac H55-ITX is US$129 and is supposed to be released this month.
Zotac's H55-ITX WiFi includes an Intel H55 Express chipset, as its name suggests, plus a pair of DDR3 memory slots, a full-speed PCI Express Gen2 x16 slot, seven 300MB/s Serial ATA ports (one of which is external), built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet, and 10 USB 2.0 ports. The I/O panel also plays host to HDMI and dual-link DVI output ports, which interface with the integrated graphics processors in Clarkdale CPU packages.

Sounds like I will be investing in this perfect HTPC board...as well.

As for TranquilPC, I have a TranquiPC SQA-5H and Diehard you are correct they add a PCI board that provides up to 5 Disk plus eSata and a bunch of USB's 2.0. They do the same with the new D510 as well.

TheGuy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diehard

• Citezein

• Octavean

• pcdoc

It is a tad on the expensive side however it has more features than are necessary on a WHS. On an HTPC it "might" make sense. For me, I am a Gigabyte fanboy and have built more than a hundred systems using there boards so I am sticking with them. They have a H55 for aabout ~$89 I was looking at.

I use an Antec 300. The drive spacing with the two 120 mm fans in front and the 140 mm on the top provides great cooling. I think I even have a 120 on the back and side as well. If you pick good fans, even these 5 fans don't create a lot of noise.

• 2 weeks later...