RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Outlook 2010 Frustration

awraynor

So for over a year I have lived with Outlook 2010 beta and now final running slowly and

basically graying out and freezing. I blamed everything from AT&T DSL, a 10/100 switch to my desktop.

After 3 desktops, the latest being a PCDoc built Core i7, I realized maybe it isn't

the hardware?

A big clue came from my wife. I recently gave her my Droid Incredible and bought myself

a Droid X. With the gift I set her gmail up as imap on Outlook 2007 on her notebook. After

complaining yet again, she told me she never had trouble with Outlook until this change

and her Outlook was doing the same thing.

So after some searching I came up with this

Guess it isn't a good thing to include all your folders including the trash with 1000's of email

in an imap configuration. Guess I am the only person in the world that didn't know this?

So far so good. Now to figure out why Outlook won't enable my addins. Man I hate computers.

Edited by awraynor

At least you are making progress. YOu are not the only one that does not know this as I did not know either. I typically have used pop accounts since I have so many. Thanks for paving the way.

Yeah, I accepted the default settings when configuring gmail with Outlook 2010.

When I searched for imap issues with Outlook, it wasn't hard to find many people

having the same issue. It's interesting how negatively it affected my computers

performance. Too bad it took so long to figure out at least part of the problem.

Oh well, it helped me rationalize the purchase of some new equipment.

Yeah, I accepted the default settings when configuring gmail with Outlook 2010.

When I searched for imap issues with Outlook, it wasn't hard to find many people

having the same issue. It's interesting how negatively it affected my computers

performance. Too bad it took so long to figure out at least part of the problem.

Oh well, it helped me rationalize the purchase of some new equipment.

I've starting using windows live mail 2011 at home.. it seamlessly syncs with my hotmail contacts,

calendar and mail. It's not Imap or EAS, I think its some proprietary connector.. but they have a

free connector for outlook too..

MS will also host your own domain as well, for free..

Works great and is faster than when I've tried to use imap in the past..