RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2 WHS on one network?

ginnser

Sure. I run a production server and a test server on the same network. Just need to remember that you can only connect one PC to one server at a time. Make sure you also name them differently. Otherwise, should work just fine. At one point I even had 3 running!

Best

I am running two production servers 24/7 and periodicly a third for test or a build for someone else with no problems. As jcollison stated, the connector software can only connect to a single server (per pc, different pc's "could" be connected to different servers if you want it that way) however you can use the share folders from however many servers you have connected. Technically, you are only limited by the number of IP addresses (which is way to many for me to worry about) so keep racking them up. It is not a bad way to grow storage for media or ??? Good luck and let us know what you and I am always curious what people use their multi servers for.

Guest no-control

Yup I did this for a "client", He wanted to have 2 seperate MSS one for a home theater and another for the family. The 3 HTPCs all connect and backup to the "media server". The home/business PC's and laptops connected to the "home server".

I've been playing around with my setup.
I installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on my EX470. I have it paired with my 360. I'll have to setup something where all the drives are part of a pool so that MC can see all the content. I'll have all my media on that "media server". Should be interesting with Home Group. Then I can backup the media to my EX490. This way I'll have a backup of my media on a separate device instead of turning on Folder Duplication on the WHS and therefore reducing my storage by 1/2.

John (homeservershow).

That is very similar to my setup only that one server is pretty much dedicated to HD movie content while the other is backup, data, pictures etc. I still use folder dupliocation but not on movies or HD, just on the important stuff. I agree with you though that it is a pretty good way to grow storage with a single point failure.

Great guys, just an excuse to buy a EX490 !!!!

I think I will dedicate on for HD and the other for data.

Living in Hong Kong I cannot get the WHS here, the last one I carried from UK ! I ordered a EX485 from B & H in NYC as they are the only company that would ship international.

Cheers