RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
dvn

World's fastest Internet service

geek-accountant

I have 60 down and rarely find any sites that can give anything to me that fast. Heck streaming 1080p video from Zune on the Xbox is generally under 10. What I wish is that I had more upload speed than the 5 I have now.

I wonder what they are doing that they see a benefit from by moving to those speeds? Of course, building for the future is smart so I would love to have that connection also. :D

dvn

I have 60 down and rarely find any sites that can give anything to me that fast. Heck streaming 1080p video from Zune on the Xbox is generally under 10. What I wish is that I had more upload speed than the 5 I have now.

I wonder what they are doing that they see a benefit from by moving to those speeds? Of course, building for the future is smart so I would love to have that connection also. :D

Well, if the entire country's networks were operating at these super high speeds, I imagine they'd be downloading their Linux iso's in about a minute. Or the whole Internet in a couple weeks.

geek-accountant

I am all for faster speeds, I just wish I could get more out of mine.

britishbob

I am all for faster speeds, I just wish I could get more out of mine.

Pretend you are!

There you go...... Virtual Internet B)

britishbob

Seriously.... I have heard of people that have lived over there.

They say it is a totally High Speed connected society. 24 hours a day!

Phones, computers and anything else that can possibly connected.

If you hold a meeting and need internet they will install into a room within an hour!

Problem is that these peeps say they feel totally disconnected when they return to Britain or the U.S.

jmwills

I cannot get any more disconnected than I am now....anything else will be a life long perk.

geek-accountant

We have a T1 line (1.5 up & down) for an office of over 300. It's horrible and I have been beating on our IT group to do something SOON. Last week, we had to transmit our A/P file to the bank using a cell phone for a connection. :o

usacomp2k3

We have a T1 line (1.5 up & down) for an office of over 300. It's horrible and I have been beating on our IT group to do something SOON. Last week, we had to transmit our A/P file to the bank using a cell phone for a connection. :o

That is ridiculous. We have a T1 here as well. The worst part is that our ERP system that everyone uses is hosted out in Arizona (or somewhere around there) and so there are a couple hundred RDP connections out there all day long which kills the throughput. The new IT manager is working on something better.

ikon

The obvious answer is doing multiple downloads concurrently from different servers while playing online games, streaming video from the internet, doing general browsing, and Skyping.... oh, and 4 people in the house all doing it simultaneously. See, you never have enough bandwidth :)

geek-accountant

We generally have a house full of kids on the weekends and most of the summer as our house is the "play" house for all of our kid's friends. That generally means at least one of the Xbox 360's is going, and both kid's computers are being used. The wife and I might be watching a HD movie streamed from Zune on another Xbox and/or talking on our VOIP phone (T-Mobile - $9.99/month, not a bad deal). Even under these conditions, everyone has plenty of bandwidth and I think we could do fine with something like a 25 down plan. The only reason I have the 60 plan is the price was the same as what I was already paying for 25.

In addition, I just blocked my oldest son's bittorent connections. Let's see how long it takes him to figure out something is wrong. :D

Edited by geek-accountant