RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DriveBender now available for download

Dave

so far, the release notes for this beta indicate that folder duplication is disable on this beta. Also to get it out by today as promised, it is not a real addin per se. It is not a wssx type file which is a addin wrapper for quick and easy install. You have to copy an .exe file to the desktop of the server, RDC and run it.

that's it for now.

so far, the release notes for this beta indicate that folder duplication is disable on this beta. Also to get it out by today as promised, it is not a real addin per se. It is not a wssx type file which is a addin wrapper for quick and easy install. You have to copy an .exe file to the desktop of the server, RDC and run it.

that's it for now.

Looks like they were too concerned to get it out and didn't take their time to make sure it was server based. That is not very good in my mind and will just add fuel to the fire for the haters.

First thoughts? Makes RAID look simple :) I sign up for the Beta, give them my email address and they "Tweet" the availability. Gimme a break.

Some more thoughts after clicking around in it.

No file duplication due to a late bug.

No drive letter naming of mount point.

Drive letter not visible to whs2011 dashboard for management because it's formatted as FAT32

Cannot format as NTFS

Removed network mount point to try to format it again. Nope.

Cannot delete volume and re-add with drive manager.

One way to find out the problems in a piece of software is let people who didn't write it start using it.

Post up the feedback but please keep in mind the program isn't the final version. Perhaps our constructive feedback will aid in fixing features.