RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for an angle mount for a Ring Pro 2

Rodf

I recently got a new Ring Pro 2. This is meant to replace our old, broken doorbell. So, it's going to use the existing wiring for the doorbell. When I opened the package, it came in, a plastic angle mount was there which is meant to be used, if the doorbell isn't on the same wall as the door. I need that as the wall where the Ring Pro 2 will go is at right angles to the wall where the front door is. But that plastic angle mount is only something like 25 degrees. That's better than nothing, but I don't think it's enough. I'd rather have an angle of 40 to 50 degrees.

I've been looking for something that will fit the Ring Pro 2 and allow for 40 to 50 degrees and is reversible. I've found several that will fit the older Ring Pro such as this one. But that description clearly says it is only for the Ring Pro. And there's a lot of other choices out there that are either for the Ring Pro or some other models, but not the Ring Pro 2. The only one I could find on Amazon was Ayotu. But I don't need that waterproof cover thing. My front door and doorbell are on my covered front porch. The roof over the front porch covers the doorbell by at least 12 feet. I think it's safe from rain/snow and I think that cover would just get in the way.

I've also checked Etsy. They've got some mounts that I've seen for holding security cameras. They would stick out so far that the Ring Pro 2 would just be in the way of going into and out of the house. No thank you.

I'm wondering, are there some alternatives I've yet to see?

At this point if I don't get anything soon, I'll just go with the 25-degree plastic thing. I'd like to get this set up soon. I bought it from Best Buy, so I want to install it while I can still return it. I'm just trusting that I could replace the angle mount that came in the packaging, with a better one later.

This one claims to support all Ring models and is adjustable to 55 degrees:

Amazon.com: CAVN Adjustable (30 to 55 Degree) Angle Mount Compatible with Ring Video Doorbell 1 2 3 4 (Black) : Tools & Home Improvement

There are lots of 3D printing options as well. There may be a local maker group if you need access to a printer:

"ring doorbell" 3D Models to Print - yeggi

Ring Pro 2 doorbell-things - Search - Thingiverse

• Like 1

FWIW, a customer asked if the Ring Doorbell Pro and Pro 2 have the same mounting and it was answered in the affirmative... at least the wall mounting plate does. The question remains if the actual base of the Pro and Pro 2 (before the wall plate adapter) have the same dimensions and screw hole positions.

Suffice to say, if the actual base of the Pro and Pro 2 are identical, mounting plates/brackets made for one should be compatible with the other.

You can probably look for technical drawings of both models and see for yourself if everything lines up.

https://community.ring.com/t/video-doorbell-pro-2-mounting/40519

Edited by oj88

@oj88that is interesting! In my research when I looked at the Ring Pro mounting the results were always, "Only works for Ring Pro". I suppose I could try to find one for the Ring Pro, then send it back if it doesn't work.

BTW, besides ordering it online, where else might I find it? For example, I bought my Pro 2 at Best Buy. I asked them about an angle mount for it. They didn't even know what I was talking about, so Best Buy isn't an option.

Edited by Rodf
additional information

The thing is, the statement "Only works for Ring Pro" can be interpreted two ways:

1. If the ad was made before the Pro 2 came out, it's probably written there to differentiate it from the non-Pro versions

2. It can also mean that it will work with the Pro, and NOT everything else... which is to say, it won't work with all non-Pro and Pro 2 Ring Doorbells.

You can ask the online seller about it and yes, if it doesn't work, it's nice to have the option to take it back. That said, I am useless in suggesting a brick & mortar store to get it from. I'd say that the particular mount you're looking for is kind of a niche product so you're probably better off getting it online.

• Like 1