Lurker

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• pcdoc

• JediTim

I don't think he had a choice but to accept what MS gave him. That whole article read like he was trying to talk himself into it, that by saying that the change is positive enough time's he'd eventually start to believe it.

</disillusioned>

I don't think he had a choice but to accept what MS gave him. That whole article read like he was trying to talk himself into it, that by saying that the change is positive enough time's he'd eventually start to believe it.

</disillusioned>

I kinda think a lot of v1 users are doing that. Its either this or another solution such as sticking with v1. I personally see my self switching over to it sooner rather then later simply due to the fact that my current WHS, EX 475 is kind of been acting flaky of late. I don't want my hardware choices to be limited by the older v1 software in my new build. I have lost two OS drives in the WHS v1 box and restore from that is a pain in the butt.I have not tested it yet but I think recovering from an OS Drive failure in v2 will be a bit less painful.

I know I was completely against v2 at first but after lifting to the BYOB and the home server show podcast I am changing my mind. I like that I can mirror the OS in an IcyDock box and the speed, oh man the speed. Or they are doing a good job of brain washing me. Either way v2 is starting to be a little more appealing.

Thanks for the heads up. interesting read. I'm struggling with weather or not the benefits of WHS2011 vs v1 outway loosing DE.

I know I was completely against v2 at first but after lifting to the BYOB and the home server show podcast I am changing my mind. I like that I can mirror the OS in an IcyDock box and the speed, oh man the speed. Or they are doing a good job of brain washing me. Either way v2 is starting to be a little more appealing.

We are here to serve.... All kidding aside, give a shot. I think like Jim, you will slowly find that it has a place and that there are pros and cons like everything else but you will find that it is not the gloom and doom that we all thought it would be. Personally I was skeptical for a short time and now I really like it and can't wait for the RTM verssion to hit the shelves.

Well, i'll propably be moving to 2011 if i can figure out a way to sort out my storage somehow. And figure out what the heck am i going to do with my ex490 and my old Buffalo TeraStation nas :D

Well, i'll propably be moving to 2011 if i can figure out a way to sort out my storage somehow. And figure out what the heck am i going to do with my ex490 and my old Buffalo TeraStation nas :D

Check out the link below. It is a good start and I imagine others will throw out other valuable ideas.

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1899-whs-2011-storage-strategy/page__pid__18242#entry18242

Guest no-control
But I can tell you now that Microsoft's home server solution is still the best game in town, even with the removal of Drive Extender. And if you could stop crying into your beer, I think you'll admit the same. And please, yes, I've seen the silly third party Drive Extender replacements that have been announced recently, so stop alerting me to their existence. I'd never trust my most precious data to an unknown like that. But I will trust it to Windows Home Server 2011. I recommend you consider doing the same.

Pretty sure I've been saying this publicly since I was on HSS #114 as well as #124 & #125, in any BYOB podcast, as well as in these forums.

hmmmm....maybe I should be Paul's Co-Host on WW dry.gif