• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• timekills

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• eobie

Several months ago I stumbled on Paul Thurott's WinSuperSite and read about how much he likes Windows Home Server. Then I discovered you guys and started listening to your podcast on Saturday mornings. Moments before I was about to pull the trigger on an HP media smart server, Microsoft pulled the plug on DE- and I got spooked. If I won the Drobo, I would finally buy an HP media smart server and use Drobo as great DE alternative for 2011. Oh- and I promise to share the whole experience right here on the forum!

i would run a long cable from my house in Canada to the US border, then across the border to the Drobo installed in a mailbox at The UPS Store :D

I'm not sure what I would use it for. It would help with my storage needs as time goes on and would allow me to utilize WHS2011 when released. My vote though is for Krom, to deny Drobo love is wrong. Everything on earth deserves the happiness and horrors that come from the co-mingling of genetic material. That and to see a bunch of Drobettes humming away would be reward in itself.

I would use it to move the data off of my failing v1 WHS. I have been trying to get the data off of this server for several days before the system drive on the server fails, but so far with no luck.

I would use Drobo as a storage solution with my next WHS to hide the fact that I don't truly understand RAID. (I hope to keep it that way)

I don't have/want a twitter account, so I won't be able to send something there.

First I would use the Drobo to transfer my Shared Folders from my ex475 running v1 to my new WHS running 2011. Then I would use the Drobo for backups of the WHS.

PS: Not sure what the wife will say about having it displayed on the fireplace mantle for all to see :)

SabatonFan80

My scenario isn't particularly WHS-related, but I'd use the Drobo unit to provide storage for a Windows Storage Server VM. (This would then host VHDs for my other virtual machines and expose the storage over iSCSI.)