RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Service Pack 1

geek-accountant

OK, so SP1 for Server 2008r2 is suppose to be out on Technet now, but I can't find it. I went to the Subscriber Downloads section and don't see it. Does anyone know the proper place to find this service pack?

OK, so SP1 for Server 2008r2 is suppose to be out on Technet now, but I can't find it. I went to the Subscriber Downloads section and don't see it. Does anyone know the proper place to find this service pack?

Found this on Microsoft after a quick Google search.

I don't think they have put it up yet even though today was supposed to be the day. Nothing really in this except for the Dynamic Memory option for Hyper V

The dynamic memory update is HUGE and is the reason I want this. For my Win-7 PC's I don't really care.

JediTim, I don't think that link is to the actual Service Pack 1 files, although I am not exactly sure.

Just checked and it is now up on Technet. Just go to the normal place you download Operating Systems and click on the Windows Server 2008 R2 link and the Service Pack has been added to the list. Downloading now and will install tonight.

I'll probably download it tonight. I'm interested in the RDP benefits as I'm always using it! I wonder if it will finally play a media center recording via RDP.