RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

On-board SATA able to pass through with ESXi 7.0?

Cantello

I am currently using ESXI 7.0 with a DIY solution that has a much larger footprint than the Microserver and I'd like to switch. However, I use a separate M.2 SSD for the OS & VMs with a PCI card. As the Gen10+ only has one free slot that I'd like use for the SSD (via a PCI adapter) and not for a host-based adapter, this would be important to know.

Thanks! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, Cantello said:

I am currently using ESXI 7.0 with a DIY solution that has a much larger footprint than the Microserver and I'd like to switch. However, I use a separate M.2 SSD for the OS & VMs with a PCI card. As the Gen10+ only has one free slot that I'd like use for the SSD (via a PCI adapter) and not for a host-based adapter, this would be important to know.

I have a system where the vCenter was updated to 7.0.2 and has invalid repo data related to the ESXi update. Known issue that VMware said it would fix in the next vCenter update. Low and behold a new vCenter patch comes out today with the same invalid repo data. I'd say it was radio silence coming out of VMware, but it's not like they've been silent at all. It's more like they're signaling that nothing is wrong.

17 hours ago, barryflowz said:

I have a system where the vCenter was updated to 7.0.2 and has invalid repo data related to the ESXi update. Known issue that VMware said it would fix in the next vCenter update. Low and behold a new vCenter patch comes out today with the same invalid repo data. I'd say it was radio silence coming out of VMware, but it's not like they've been silent at all. It's more like they're signaling that nothing is wrong. 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

but this is way in the back days