RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Notification 1.5

Yakuza

I'm pleased to announce the release of Remote Notification 1.5 for Windows Home Server. Remote Notification is the Add-In for Windows Home Server that keeps you up to date on the status of your Home Server no matter where you are. You can receive all your server's health alerts via email or SMS, view the active notifications via RSS Feed, and get daily email reports that show the health, backup status, and other statistics.

Learn more and download the 30 day free trial at http://www.remotenotification.com.

This is great news Alex. I use the original Add-In and look forward to checking this one out. I like the fact that you can notify multiple e-mail addresses in this version. Daily reports looks cool too!

I'm pleased to announce the release of Remote Notification 1.5 for Windows Home Server. Remote Notification is the Add-In for Windows Home Server that keeps you up to date on the status of your Home Server no matter where you are. You can receive all your server's health alerts via email or SMS, view the active notifications via RSS Feed, and get daily email reports that show the health, backup status, and other statistics.

Learn more and download the 30 day free trial at http://www.remotenotification.com.

Any chance of health notifications via twitter?

Any chance of health notifications via twitter?

Actually, yes, I'm investigating adding that as another Recipient Type in a future release.

Actually, yes, I'm investigating adding that as another Recipient Type in a future release.

YAY! Although this means less money for me, again :D

Edited by kermi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 1.5.1.2 was released today and now includes support for Apple Macs! You can receive your WHS health alerts on your Mac desktop via a menu bar item that works a lot like the WHS system tray app on Windows, plus it will report your Time Machine backup status to your server for centralized monitoring and reporting.

You can read the full release details here:

http://www.remotenotification.com/2011/05/23/version-1-5-1-2-released-now-supports-apple-macs/

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the trial, installed it, and have sent test messages. Was pretty straight forward; got a little confused about what to enter into the Send tab boxes, but figured it out after looking at the Receive tab. Not sure if I'll keep it, but will give it a fair shot.