RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Am I reaching the limit of what my Synology router can handle?

Rodf

A couple of years ago I asked in this forum what router I should get to replace my old router. I got great feedback. With that feedback I purchased a Synology RT2600ac router. It is the best router I have ever owned.

Starting last year, I began to add several new smart devices to my wireless network. So far, the router seems to be handling things fine, but recently I've begun to wonder if I've taken it to its limits. Tonight, when it's dark, I'll turn on all the smart lights/plugs currently in my home network, then I'd like to go into the Synology Network Center, to print it all out. It would be nice if I could export it to a flat file, like a .CSV. I'm in Network Center now. I don't see any option to export to anything. Of course, I could print the DHCP clients, even in landscape mode it cuts off the right most columns of the display.

So, is there a way of extracting the pertinent DHCP devices from Network Center? Or am I going to have to rely upon some sort of screen scraping method of getting the data out?

7 hours ago, Rodf said:

A couple of years ago I asked in this forum what router I should get to replace my old router. I got great feedback. With that feedback I purchased a Synology RT2600ac router. It is the best router I have ever owned.

Starting last year, I began to add several new smart devices to my wireless network. So far, the router seems to be handling things fine, but recently I've begun to wonder if I've taken it to its limits. Tonight, when it's dark, I'll turn on all the smart lights/plugs currently in my home network, then I'd like to go into the Synology Network Center, to print it all out. It would be nice if I could export it to a flat file, like a .CSV. I'm in Network Center now. I don't see any option to export to anything. Of course, I could print the DHCP clients, even in landscape mode it cuts off the right most columns of the display.

So, is there a way of extracting the pertinent DHCP devices from Network Center? Or am I going to have to rely upon some sort of screen scraping method of getting the data out?

Maybe, if you enable SSH and SSH into the router and find a command that lists DHCP leases? I'm sure there is some way to get it out of the router without relying on screen-scraping tools which can be a pain to get working correctly.

• Like 1