RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using your own domain.

eobie

So I was attempting to use my personal domain that I purchased through GoDaddy for my WHS 2011. I understand that I need to purchase a SSL certificate in order to use my own domain, so I went ahead and purchased it. It is sitting in my Godaddy account as we speak. If I go ahead and go through the motion in WHS by entering my Godaddy login credentials it still throws me an error. What gives? Is there anything special that I need to do?

So I was attempting to use my personal domain that I purchased through GoDaddy for my WHS 2011. I understand that I need to purchase a SSL certificate in order to use my own domain, so I went ahead and purchased it. It is sitting in my Godaddy account as we speak. If I go ahead and go through the motion in WHS by entering my Godaddy login credentials it still throws me an error. What gives? Is there anything special that I need to do?

I thought you could use a self-signed certificate, but I could easily be wrong about that.

If you don't mind my asking, what did the cert cost you?

I thought you could use a self-signed certificate, but I could easily be wrong about that.

If you don't mind my asking, what did the cert cost you?

It was a long time ago, but I got a domain name from GoDaddy and had to call their Customer Support to set up a name server or something on their end. took 2 minutes to do. Maybe you should give them a call.

It was a long time ago, but I got a domain name from GoDaddy and had to call their Customer Support to set up a name server or something on their end. took 2 minutes to do. Maybe you should give them a call.

In the process of transferring my domain to dundns. Will have to wait to see..