RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Strange Problem on sign in

texaschangas

I am able to sign into WHS, I have the tabs for HOME, COMPUTER and SHARED FOLDERS. When I click on computer and then click "connect to Home Server" the small password windows pops up. Here is the problem the area to type in the password is blue and I cannot click it to type password. The connector works on LAN. I have rebooted a few times.

The WHS has been working fine for weeks and I have not installed anything prior to this issue.

If it's not a browser issue, could it be a permission issue? Do you have another box to test this on? If not, I would download a virtual application such as VMware server, Microsoft's Virtual PC, and others like that. Then I would download a trial of Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 and attempt to join that to your WHS to repeat the problem. Again, this is based on the fact that you don't have a second box to test.

To test permissions, I would create another user on your WHS and then on your PC. Log on to your PC with the new test account and see if you can access your WHS console.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread where you tested on two different PCs. You could still try the test account.

Edited by jazzerjay

As far as I know, "Comuter"-Tab works only with IE. You must allow an Activ-X control to install. A bar at the top of the page appears if you enter the page. And you have to add your "xxx.homeserver.com" or IP to the trusted sites in IE.

• Like 1

I have IE tab plus add in for FF, I disable active x in IE, then re-enabled it still no luck. Same issue.

The VM option seems a little much. I might just do a reinstall of WHS

I am able to sign into WHS, I have the tabs for HOME, COMPUTER and SHARED FOLDERS. When I click on computer and then click "connect to Home Server" the small password windows pops up. Here is the problem the area to type in the password is blue and I cannot click it to type password. The connector works on LAN. I have rebooted a few times.

The WHS has been working fine for weeks and I have not installed anything prior to this issue.

Do you have an account other than administrator on the WHS that you can log in with (Administrator, afaik, is not allowed to log in remotely)?