RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NiceHash QuickMiner issues

gibster
Posted (edited)

I know this is probably not the place to post this, but I've opened a ticket online with NiceHash and have yet to receive a response.

I installed the software last week and it seemed to work perfectly. Was generating about $3.50 a day (not much but something) and then yesterday morning when I got up I found that my computer was frozen. So I rebooted and now when NiceHash QuickMiner tries to start it fails because some files are missing. I've tried reinstalling from the original download but it keeps failing. No real answer on the failure screen.

I've tried the link from within NiceHash for installing a new miner, but the link to GitHub fails saying the page your looking for is not here.

I've thought about trying to remove all traces of the original install, but I'm worried about loosing what bct I've mined so far. I believe it's in a NiceHash wallet.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed.

My computer is a Core i7-4770 with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060.

Thanks

Gib

P.S. You guys have been talking about this stuff for so long I figured it was time to at least try it out LOL

Edited by gibster
Trig0r

Windows defender picks up a lot of miner plug ins as being dodgy so you might find that its done a scan and then removed or quarantined those files that NH is picking up as missing, check your logs.

I ended up marking the whole NH folder structure as exceptions.

gibster

I use BitDefender and it seemed like it had permissions for the NiceHash folder.

I did receive a reply from NiceHash stating they were doing an audit on their files since someone had tried to hack them and the links to GitHub would be back up in a week or so and that was why my attempts to reinstall were failing.

I'll give a reinstall a try later and see if things have been fixed.

Gib

gibster

Up and running again, I had to stop scans on Bitdefender while I installed the application, but once installed and running put exceptions in for the NiceHash folder and turned Bitdefender back on. All seems good now.

When I tried again to install last night after my previous post it failed finding the software at GitHub again. Today it was back up and so all is now good.

Gib