RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iLO 2.78 available

TomP

Thanks for this !! I did not get the usual HPE email notification

• 2 weeks later...
E3000

Is it just me or does this version of iLO mess up the keyboard layout? Passwords no longer work and when typing I see some of the special characters have been moved around when using HTML5 Integrated Remote Console.

netware5
On 5/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, E3000 said:

Is it just me or does this version of iLO mess up the keyboard layout? Passwords no longer work and when typing I see some of the special characters have been moved around when using HTML5 Integrated Remote Console.

I never observed keyboard layout issues. But normally I am using the Java console or standalone iLO application. I am using HTML5 console very rare and definitely did't used it since upgraded to 2.78.  Will check and report.

• Like 1
E3000
3 hours ago, netware5 said:

I never observed keyboard layout issues. But normally I am using the Java console or standalone iLO application. I am using HTML5 console very rare and definitely did't used it since upgraded to 2.78.  Will check and report.

Thanks. Please pay particular attention to special characters, and other keys such as ctrl…

E3000

So I downgraded to v2.60 and, as suspected, all the keys and characters were back where I expected them to be! Unfortunately, this version has the .NET version of the Console in place of the HTML5 on the newer version. I’m sure I had HTML5 before upgrading recently. Is v2.60 the newest version behind v2.78 or am I missing one? I listed them in date order on the HPE support website and this is what I found…

netware5
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, E3000 said:

So I downgraded to v2.60 and, as suspected, all the keys and characters were back where I expected them to be! Unfortunately, this version has the .NET version of the Console in place of the HTML5 on the newer version. I’m sure I had HTML5 before upgrading recently. Is v2.60 the newest version behind v2.78 or am I missing one? I listed them in date order on the HPE support website and this is what I found…

The newest behind is v2.77. You should be able to see the entire history of versions by clicking on the latest version link and then reading the tab named "Revision History". Further you may read the summary of changes for each version and download ANY previous version.

Edited by netware5
  • Like 1
E3000
8 hours ago, netware5 said:

The newest behind is v2.77. You should be able to see the entire history of versions by clicking on the latest version link and then reading the tab named "Revision History". Further you may read the summary of changes for each version and download ANY previous version.

I loaded the v2.77 and it’s better than ever! 😀👍

I always prefer running the latest but the messed up keyboard is not something I can live with.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• netware5
      By netware5
      ***CRITICAL*** iLO 4 update available here. HPE requires users update to this version immediately. Potential vulnerabilities in network stack.
      VULNERABILITY SUMMARY
      A potential security vulnerability has been identified in Integrated Lights-Out 5 (iLO 5), Integrated Lights-Out 4 (iLO 4), and Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) firmware. The vulnerability could be remotely exploited to cause memory corruption.
      HPE has released updated firmware to mitigate these vulnerabilities.
      References: CVE-2020-27337
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

As of June 2020, what are the latest versions of firmware for HP Microserver Gen8 to be installed on the system itself? Also do any other components have updatable firmware/os-independent software?

So far my list is as follows:
      BIOS - J06 (04/04/2019) iLO 4 - v2.73 (11/02/2020) Intelligent Provisioning - v1.71 (20/02/2019)  
      and I guess the following could also be added (although both out of date):
      Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) - v8.1.0 (21/12/2017) Service Pack for ProLiant (06/11/2017)  
      Date formated as DD/MM/YYYY.

I believe all the B120i Smart Storage stuff is part of Intelligent Provisioning.
    • pksparks
      By pksparks
      Good evening,

after checking my ILo4, version2.61 on my Gen8 hp microservet, i saw an exclamation mark at cpld-pal0. It is now version 0x06.
      i have read that there is an version 0x32.

anybody who has this version, and can provide me with a download link?

Attached my firmware configuration. Any suggestions for any updating? Think most is up to date?

rgds
      patrick
      Sorry can’t upload photo, error 200.
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      By: JohnStutsman

Figure 1 – Preparing to install new 64GB of RAM

I upgrade the stock 8GB to 64GB of RAM in the HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 using 4 DIMMs (“Sticks”) of Kingston KVR21E15D8/16.

Figure 2 – Kingston KVR21E15D8/16

Figure 3 – 64GB RAM about to be installed in HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9

Figure 4 – HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 – System Board Components & Memory “Type” requirement from “QuickSpecs” – DIMMs removal & installation instructions from “Maintenance & Service Guide” (see links in References below)

Figure 5 – HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 – Memory & DDR4 memory population guidelines from “QuickSpecs” (see links in References below)

I upgraded to 64GB of RAM in my HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 using Kingston KVR21E15D8/16 from Newegg. The KVR21E15D8/16 was suggested by Schoondoggy on the forum thread RAM for ML30 Gen9.

Video 1 – 64GB RAM in HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9.

Figure 6 – View of the four new DIMMs installed for 64GB of RAM. Time to replace the air baffle, tower bezel, and side panel then hook up the ML30 Gen9 and see if it works!

Figure 7 – IT WORKS! Screen during first post showing 64GB RAM - for the first time!  Thank you Schoondoggy!!

Figure 8 – System Summary Information showing 64GB RAM installed

Figure 9 – System Information with Installed Physical Memory (64GB RAM) Highlighted

Figure 10 – Task Manager showing 64GB of DDR4.

Figure 11 – iLO4 System Information – Memory Information showing four 16GB DIMMs installed.  Status is "Good, In Use".

Figure 12 – Temperatures appear well within range while system fan speed was a consistent 6% - BIOS set to Optimal Cooling (Note that the two 40mm fans in the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB994SP-4SB-1 were also running).

Figure 13 – HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 running with 64GB RAM and using 30.1 Watts. Everything seems to be working well – time to think about adding more drives and turn on Hyper-V!!

As-Built (I named my Computer: Serenity)
      HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 (Product No. 830893) Xeon E3-1240v5 (SkyLake LGA 1151) 64GB ECC RAM – Kingston KVR21E15D8/16 OS: Windows 10 Pro B140i Dynamic Smart Array: Ports 1-4: (4*3.5” Drive Tray Caddies for Main Drive-Cage Assembly Bays 1-4) B140i Dynamic Smart Array: Ports 5-6: Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 in Top 5.25” half-height Bay; with/ 2*18” SATA III (6 Gb/s) cables attached to Bays 1 & 2 (Bays 3 & 4 are available for future); Molex to Molex & Fan Y-Connector Cable; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB in Bay 1;  

Please join us in the HomeServerShow Forums to discuss this and tell us what you are building at home.

Reference:

RAM for ML30 Gen9 http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14807-ram-for-ml30-gen9/

ValueRAM Decoder https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/valueram/valueram_decoder

ValueRAM KVR21E15D8/16 Specs Sheet http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR21E15D8_16.pdf

Check HSS Forum Post: Other HSS ML30 Blog Postings: http://homeservershow.com/tag/ML30

HomeServerShow Forum for ML10’s & ML30’s http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/forum/98-ml10-and-ml10v2/

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server Maintenance & Service Guide http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04905980-1.pdf

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server QuickSpecs http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04834998&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&searchquery=&cc=us&lc=en
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Step-By-Step: Server 2012R2 Installation on HP ProLiant ML30 Gen9

NOTE: I think this is complete regarding what I have/plan to do but your circumstances may be different and YMMV – this is my recollection of what I have done

Unless otherwise stated all ISO files I ran in iLO4 (after installing Advanced Key) attached to my ML30 Gen9 as virtual image files CD ROM/DVD and folders were attached as virtual folders
      ·         After my first power up with a Monitor and Keyboard attached so that I could get the IP address – I got into the machine via iLO4 and installed an Advanced Key  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10736-advanced-ilo-key-on-ml30-gen9/
      ·         I next went into HP Smart Storage Administrator (“SSA”) by selecting F5 during Post to create a Logical Drive (“LD”) that I can load my OS (i.e. Server 2012R2) onto
      ·         Created LD01 with 2 Samsung Pro 840 SSDs in RAID0 (attached to Ports 5 & 6) – I chose Ports 5 & 6 off of the System Board because my Hot-Swap HDD Caddy’s had not arrived yet  https://youtu.be/KQXhtoyczxw
      ·         No other drives were attached to the ML30 Gen9
      ·         Shut down the machine
      --
      Server 2012R2 Installation
      ·         Attached Server 2012R2 ISO
      ·         Selected IP “Intelligent Provisioning” F9 during Post and selected custom to retain the OS Logical Drive I had already created
      ·         IP completed the installation https://youtu.be/i8MU9daRi7Q
      ·         I next:
      o   Changed screen resolution (personal preference YMMV);
      o   Ran NETPLWIZ (personal preference YMMV – for awhile there will be a lot of reboots & updates so this is just a time saver for me);
      o   Set Time Zone (personal preference YMMV);
      o   Enabled Hyper-V (personal preference YMMV – this will be in my home lab);
      o   Install desktop function
      o   Install server Backup
      o   Reboot;
      o   I had Set Computer Name during IP – but if I hadn’t this is when I would do it (personal preference YMMV);
      o   Reboot;
      o   Make sure Updates is set to include all Microsoft products;
      o   Began running recommended Updates – multiple reboots;
      ·         When all Server 2012r2 updates are done then I attached SPP and ran HPSUM in Windows Server to update &/or add missing Drivers (including anything missing in Device Manager) and including install SSA in Windows Server
      ·         Later in Windows 2012r2 I would run SSA (added earlier by HPSUM) to set up additional logical drives which I would then have to format in (Windows Server) Drive Manager