RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iLO 2.78 available

netware5

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does this version of iLO mess up the keyboard layout? Passwords no longer work and when typing I see some of the special characters have been moved around when using HTML5 Integrated Remote Console.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, E3000 said:

Is it just me or does this version of iLO mess up the keyboard layout? Passwords no longer work and when typing I see some of the special characters have been moved around when using HTML5 Integrated Remote Console.

I never observed keyboard layout issues. But normally I am using the Java console or standalone iLO application. I am using HTML5 console very rare and definitely did't used it since upgraded to 2.78.  Will check and report.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, netware5 said:

I never observed keyboard layout issues. But normally I am using the Java console or standalone iLO application. I am using HTML5 console very rare and definitely did't used it since upgraded to 2.78.  Will check and report.

Thanks. Please pay particular attention to special characters, and other keys such as ctrl…

So I downgraded to v2.60 and, as suspected, all the keys and characters were back where I expected them to be! Unfortunately, this version has the .NET version of the Console in place of the HTML5 on the newer version. I’m sure I had HTML5 before upgrading recently. Is v2.60 the newest version behind v2.78 or am I missing one? I listed them in date order on the HPE support website and this is what I found…

8 hours ago, E3000 said:

So I downgraded to v2.60 and, as suspected, all the keys and characters were back where I expected them to be! Unfortunately, this version has the .NET version of the Console in place of the HTML5 on the newer version. I’m sure I had HTML5 before upgrading recently. Is v2.60 the newest version behind v2.78 or am I missing one? I listed them in date order on the HPE support website and this is what I found…

The newest behind is v2.77. You should be able to see the entire history of versions by clicking on the latest version link and then reading the tab named "Revision History". Further you may read the summary of changes for each version and download ANY previous version.

Edited by netware5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, netware5 said:

The newest behind is v2.77. You should be able to see the entire history of versions by clicking on the latest version link and then reading the tab named "Revision History". Further you may read the summary of changes for each version and download ANY previous version.

I loaded the v2.77 and it’s better than ever! 😀👍

I always prefer running the latest but the messed up keyboard is not something I can live with.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1