RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Vmware ESXI 7 and Agentless Management Service

Haxsource

Good afternoon folks!

I have a question I was wondering if someone would know about. I have a Microserver Gen 8 with Vmware ESXI 7 currently installed on the MicroSD with AHCI enabled instead of RAID mode (dont find anything usefull in raid mode in my current setup other than booting from ODD, which I can just use as another Datastore instead).

With that context being said, Im trying to enable the Agentless Management Service from the ILO with the drivers on the Vmware ESXI 7, but unfortunetly after installing and trying to start the service with:

/etc/init.d/hp-ams.sh start

I get the following error:

/opt/hpe/ams/amshelper: error while loading shared libraries: libnicmgmt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Makes sense following the Vmware ESXI HPE support matrix, since its only supported until Vmware ESXI 6.5U2 Pre-gen. But I´ve been reading lots of people having working setups doing the following:

Install Vmware ESXI HP Custom Image 6.5U2 -> Offline Update to Vmware ESXI 6.7.

I was wondering if installing HP Custom Image 6.5U2 with the drivers Agentless Management Service working and doing a full upgrade to ESXI 7.0 would do the trick, since its an upgrade not a clean install...so libraries should stay supporting older drivers installed.

Does this make any sense?? Has anyone gone trough this alredy?

Thanks!

Edited by Haxsource