RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ML110 G9 hardware RAID options

bonaventura

bonaventura

I'm picking up above server from my workplace, but it's very basic option. At some point I'll have to migrate my RAID from my Microserver to this machine. Currently my Micro G8 has P410 controller, I found that ML110 G9 officialy supports P440 but with x8 double wide mini SAS plug, unfortunately cabling in ML110 is for SFF-8087 mini SAS. There are no "officialy supported" RAID cards for SFF-8087. In theory P410 should work as Micro G8 and G9 both have iLO 4, but there may be hardware limitations. Question is, what are my options regarding RAID cards? Did anyone tested this?

bonaventura

Just tested with P410 and it's working, but similarly to Micro G8 it's not shown in iLO4.

Base ML110 G9 model have non-hot plug cage, HDDs are connected with a wire SFF-8087 to 4x SFF-8082, similar to that from Microserver.

So now if I would want to have P440 controller, I'd need to install hot-swap cage with backplane and the cables you mentioned, that would cost around the same as second hand base models on ebay. Unless there is a walkaround...