RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Win7 Check Trim problem

BlackCat

Ok, I'm am installing Windows 7 professional x64 on my new SSD. I performed a clean install as everything is new. I created one User with Admin rights, but when I type "fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" in the command line I am told I don't have admin rights to use FSUTIL. I'm not sure what is going on. I double checked that the user is the admin...Should I boot into safe mode and try?

I was just choosing command prompt from the accessories folder, so probably not. How do I run it with elevated privileges?

Left click "Start"

Type "command prompt" in the "Search programs and files" window

Right click "Command Prompt" at the top of the Programs page

Left click "Run as administrator"

Left click "Start"

Type "command prompt" in the "Search programs and files" window

Right click "Command Prompt" at the top of the Programs page

Left click "Run as administrator"

Or alternatively, write "command prompt" and hold down ctrl and shift while hitting enter.

Thanks guys that worked. Guess I have a little reading to do on the Windows 7 features.

Hmmm...so I right clicked on my SSD and went to properties. I then clicked on the security tab and it says the authorized User/Administrator is what I named my desktop. During set-up I named my computer differently than my user name and it seems that my desktop name is now the administrator of my OS drive.

Edited by BlackCat

Thanks guys that worked. Guess I have a little reading to do on the Windows 7 features.

Hmmm...so I right clicked on my SSD and went to properties. I then clicked on the security tab and it says the authorized User/Administrator is what I named my desktop. During set-up I named my computer differently than my user name and it seems that my desktop name is now the administrator of my OS drive.

IIRC, you're not allowed to use the same name for the computer and the default administrator account, so you couldn't have done it anyway.

Guest no-control

Windows Vista and 7, the user account doesn't have admin privileges. until required, then it goes all dark and scary on ya (UAC) to let you know you are proceeding with the elevated admin status.