RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Time to start up the Miners again? BTC January 2021

Dave

I REALLY hate to start down this road again, BUT, who here has been mining during the downturn and now sitting on a nice chunk of BTC?  Not me! Don't tell @jcollison .  I won't @ him at all in order to get his attention! LOL

Time to start the miners again? I just did a profitability test on my gaming rig and it's $2 to $4 a day. That and my long forgotten nicehash account actually still had BTC in it.

TheGuru

What about your electric bill? I know mining is mostly for fun at this level, but still,

What are the cost ($/Kwh) over there?

Bjørn

Trig0r

I managed to get a 3060Ti FE card and with a 70% power limit, -500 on the core and +1100 on the memory it nets over £2 on Daggerhashimoto..

TheGuru
9 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

I managed to get a 3060Ti FE card and with a 70% power limit, -500 on the core and +1100 on the memory it nets over £2 on Daggerhashimoto..

3060Ti... I don't think my 1050Ti will outperform your card then :)

What are the cost per Kwh? Actual cost, all inclusive, taxes, meters and all that?

Trig0r

I only fired it up to test so dont know what the costs to run it would have been, but it was doing that at ~120w iirc according to GPU-Z

TheGuru
16 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

I only fired it up to test so dont know what the costs to run it would have been, but it was doing that at ~120w iirc according to GPU-Z

Ok. That equals to approx 86 cents/day over here for the electricity alone. Proobably not a good idea :)

Edited by TheGuru
Dave

Mining is an investment. Yes, you will pay for electricity but you hope that the value increases much like what has happened now. I sold all my stuff long ago but curiosity got the best of me and I tested everything I have with NiceHash in order to see what the hash rate and return would be.  

I had the same conclusion as I did when I shut it all down long ago. "Probably not worth it." Had I mined even for the pennies those pennies would be worth much more today.  So...I'm here again asking myself if I should leave it running???

Trig0r

Actually, where the prices are at the mo, just fired up my card again and its saying £6.74 a day at the minute..