RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

***CRITICAL*** iLO 4 update available

netware5

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, E3000 said:

Thanks!

Any side effects to these new patches?

Nothing so far (since 26 December when I updated).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is mine now, latest?image.thumb.png.b0557e5f993d603b9b8c89d4bde6d46a.png

#

I saw some mention on reddit of using a hacked/modified bios for more settings or something, anyone know about that?

Also, any way to get the fan to run at 100% all times? max makes it run 70% only.

Edited by paradox

I'm seeing ilo version 2.79, but all of the downloads are for installing it via windows, linux, etc, and I run freenas on my server - do I need to put some kind of live bootable drive in to run it?

5 hours ago, paradox said:

I'm seeing ilo version 2.79, but all of the downloads are for installing it via windows, linux, etc, and I run freenas on my server - do I need to put some kind of live bootable drive in to run it?

No. You just need to download the Windows .EXE file on your Windows desktop or laptop. In fact this file is self-extracting zip archive, so don't need to run it, just open it with WinZip, 7-Zip or any other zip extracting software.  Then extract and save the file named ilo4_279.bin - this is a flashable image . Then you can use iLo web interface to flash it. If you have no windows PC available the similar procedure applies for Linux PC. I am doing this each time I need to update my HP Microserver firmware, which runs XigmaNAS - a fork of FreeNAS.

The same applies for BIOS or any other firmware for HP Microserver that is flashable via iLO web interface.

P.S. Just noticed that you have HP Microserver Gen10 plus. I that case you will need iLO5 firmware instead iLO4.

Edited by netware5

On 1/21/2022 at 10:48 PM, netware5 said:

No. You just need to download the Windows .EXE file on your Windows desktop or laptop. In fact this file is self-extracting zip archive, so don't need to run it, just open it with WinZip, 7-Zip or any other zip extracting software.  Then extract and save the file named ilo4_279.bin - this is a flashable image . Then you can use iLo web interface to flash it. If you have no windows PC available the similar procedure applies for Linux PC. I am doing this each time I need to update my HP Microserver firmware, which runs XigmaNAS - a fork of FreeNAS.

The same applies for BIOS or any other firmware for HP Microserver that is flashable via iLO web interface.

P.S. Just noticed that you have HP Microserver Gen10 plus. I that case you will need iLO5 firmware instead iLO4.

No I have a Gen8 aswell.

I think I am fully up to date now, can you have a glance for me please?

auuxGAx.png

The top is my gen10+ the bottom is the gen8

I used some SPP ISOs I found on HPs website. I tried running all of the downloads for that other file and I think I got that .bin but I don't see where in  the web-UI you can flash .bins, I know how to mount .isos etc and have it boot into those so that's why I just used the latest SPP ISOs I could find.

Edited by paradox

5 hours ago, paradox said:

No I have a Gen8 aswell.

I think I am fully up to date now, can you have a glance for me please?

The top is my gen10+ the bottom is the gen8

I used some SPP ISOs I found on HPs website. I tried running all of the downloads for that other file and I think I got that .bin but I don't see where in  the web-UI you can flash .bins, I know how to mount .isos etc and have it boot into those so that's why I just used the latest SPP ISOs I could find.

I have no MS Gen10 plus, so I cannot comment if your Gen10 is up to date. Regarding MS Gen8 you should update to iLO 2.79. See the iLO4 screenshots below to find where is the WebGUI to flash .bins.

InkedScreenshot 2022-01-25 at 22-29-35 iLO HomeServer - Fileserver-iLO pendgy bg_LI.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 22-29-11 iLO HomeServer - Fileserver-iLO pendgy bg.png