RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Untangle adds Home Plus version

schoondoggy

Home Protect should not to be confused with HomePro.

They say that the Home Protect SKU is not going to replace HomePro (at least, not yet), and users currently subscribed to HomePro will be able to renew to the same plan or upgrade to Home Protect.

I've been using HomePro ($50/year) for the last 3 or 4 years and I really hope they don't sunset this SKU anytime soon. HomePro has no device limit and it's particularly well-suited for me because of the number of IoT devices I have on the network.

Home Protect Basic is $50/year with a 50-device limit

Home Protect Plus is $150/year with a 150-device limit.

it is good for them that they can make a living off of it. hopefully it is actually of value to its users.

Home Protect should not to be confused with HomePro.

They say that the Home Protect SKU is not going to replace HomePro (at least, not yet), and users currently subscribed to HomePro will be able to renew to the same plan or upgrade to Home Protect.

I've been using HomePro ($50/year) for the last 3 or 4 years and I really hope they don't sunset this SKU anytime soon. HomePro has no device limit and it's particularly well-suited for me because of the number of IoT devices I have on the network.

Home Protect Basic is $50/year with a 50-device limit
Home Protect Plus is $150/year with a 150-device limit.

Thanks for clearing that up as I haven’t looked at untangle in a while. I purchased the $50 option a few years back and thought it was unlimited devices. These new sku’s made it confusing. I would never make that 50 device limit. Surely, they wouldn’t make you upgrade to keep that option? That would make a lot of users mad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HomePro license has unlimited devices.... sort of.

If you get to around 90 or 100 devices, you'll get a notification that you've exceeded the allowed number of devices. Your only recourse is to open a support ticket. Their engineers will then check whether or not you're violating the terms and conditions of the license, and if all checks out, they'll unlock the device limit.

Do they look at device types? If you have pro Cisco switches do you get in trouble? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think so... they have visibility on the types of clients connecting as well as the type of services they access...

All they can see are mobile devices, Amazon Echo, lots of IOTs and smart devices, etc. They'll also see that most of the traffic are bound for streaming services and social media... nothing like hosting a work server and such, even though I also have a Plex server. Then again, that's also for personal use.

I don't think the Cisco switch matters much. And although I may have a relatively complex network, I've proven to them that I'm using their product in the spirit it was intended for.

• Like 1