RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

StableBit Drive Pool Add In for WHS2011

jam3ohio

If every little company in the world thought that we would have zero innovation. Who am I to say a little guy can't code up a DE app? Maybe MS did it wrong. I say twirl that sling shot David. Goliath is in your cross hairs!

And if they succeed, it'll end up like Sysinternals - Getting bought by Microsoft :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• jam3ohio

• ikon

• kermi

Top Posters In This Topic

We Got Served is reporting that DriveBender has been around since early 2010, was tabled when they thought DE would be present in more MS server products, then resurrected, and apparently will be available for other versions of Windows.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2011/02/14/drive-bender-seeks-bring-storage-pooling-protection-versions-windows/

This is getting more interesting....

And if they succeed, it'll end up like Sysinternals - Getting bought by Microsoft :D

You say that like it's a bad thing. Sysinternals seems to have done quite well after being bought by MS.

Seems like a good thing to me.

I'm with the general consensus here and everywhere else. I'm glad to see options come up and a LOT of testing will be needed on these add-ins.

Will this be the new HDDVD vs. Blu-Ray battle?

You say that like it's a bad thing. Sysinternals seems to have done quite well after being bought by MS.

Naw, didn't mean it to be a bad thing. Mainly that those guys can cash in pretty big if they can manage to get it to work properly :)

Naw, didn't mean it to be a bad thing. Mainly that those guys can cash in pretty big if they can manage to get it to work properly :)

Yeah, either by MS buying them out, or them selling lots of copies directly to Windows users.