• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• jam3ohio

• ikon

• kermi

Top Posters In This Topic

Then MS would have to fix it....there is a reason it was pulled. Even if this Add-In works.....how do you get around the 2TB backup limit?

I haven't tried WHS2k11 yet and haven't reviewed the docs. I'm unclear as to exactly where the 2TB limit applies. Is it just for backing up PC's, something else, something more?

From what I understand, there is a 2TB limit for backups on any server folder, so, what does this Add-In gain you for off-site data retention? You would need a third party backup solution to get around this provided it can recognize a DE partition. This is the state of things as I know them to be. Data duplication is not a backup solution.

From what I understand, there is a 2TB limit for backups on any server folder, so, what does this Add-In gain you for off-site data retention? You would need a third party backup solution to get around this provided it can recognize a DE partition. This is the state of things as I know them to be. Data duplication is not a backup solution.

It seems kinda odd considering I currently have four 1TB drives striped into a 4TB partition in Server 2003. Could it really be that server 2008 is less capable than 2003?

I am going to wait on this one and let you guys test it with YOUR data. :)

For me, this is one that I will wait a long time to install and only after hearing a lot of user feedback. If it works, it could be one of the best add-ins ever, BUT this seems like an extremely complicated topic to tackle for an add-in. I hope they are able to get it to work.

I am going to wait on this one and let you guys test it with YOUR data. :)

For me, this is one that I will wait a long time to install and only after hearing a lot of user feedback. If it works, it could be one of the best add-ins ever, BUT this seems like an extremely complicated topic to tackle for an add-in. I hope they are able to get it to work.

I agree with that sentiment. But does anyone remember specifically why DE was left out of v2? Wasn't it solely because there were problems with business apps? Or was there something else? Because I'm thinking that DE in v2, for my purposes, would probably work just fine. And I mean the version of DE that came with the betas before they decided to yank it. Assuming I've understood correctly, I have high hopes for a DE add-in. The only thing is, if you install the add-in and decide for whatever reason to uninstall it, I bet it makes a mess of things. As in 'time to reinstall' kind of mess. Maybe not. I think it would have to pass that muster before we could feel comfortable playing with it.

So I will be the first to say it...not a snow balls chance this ever gets out of beta in our life time. There..its been said. I'm sure we will all have fun testing it.

Let's see, hundreds of thousands of $$$ are spend at Microsoft to get it right, twice, and we still don't have a working product. Could it really be that easy?

Needless to say, I'm not believing this just yet. Just saying...

So I will be the first to say it...not a snow balls chance this ever gets out of beta in our life time. There..its been said. I'm sure we will all have fun testing it.

Let's see, hundreds of thousands of $$ are spend at Microsoft to get it right, twice, and we still don't have a working product. Could it really be that easy?

Needless to say, I'm not believing this just yet. Just saying...

Yes, but I thought the part they couldn't get right was the running of certain business apps. My understanding was that for the normal home server user, DE worked fine in v2. Did I miss something?