RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

StableBit Drive Pool Add In for WHS2011

jam3ohio

Not sure if you saw this yet:

http://www.wegotserved.com/2011/02/11/stablebit-drivepool-addin-set-bring-storage-pooling-folder-duplication-windows-home-server-2011/

The gist is that the developer mentioned here is writing an add-in to allow drive pooling a la WHSv1 in WHS2011. If he can pull this off, it would be huge.

What do y'all think?

Jim

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• dvn

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• ikon

I'm beginning to feel like Pacino in Godfather III.."just when I think I was out, they keep pulling me back in". This add-in is not even a Beta, still an Alpha but at least someone thinks there is promise. My gut tells me that WHS 2011 will be released by April-May and this add-in will be many months behind. If it works, great !!

Not sure if you saw this yet:

http://www.wegotserv...me-server-2011/

The gist is that the developer mentioned here is writing an add-in to allow drive pooling a la WHSv1 in WHS2011. If he can pull this off, it would be huge.

What do y'all think?

Jim

I would be incredible. I sure hope he can do it. I don't know what his qualifications are to take on something like this; I wonder if he's bitten off more than he can chew. Writing a drive mgmt and file system is not for the faint of heart

I'd be a happy camper if he can do it. He could probably make a lot off of it as well. But if MS couldn't do it, why should we expect someone else to pull it off?

I'm with you there "IF" he can pull it off. I'd charge out the nose for it and retire. I'm actually liking the straight forward simplicity of a RAID setup in 2011, so probably not going to use this one, or pay for it.

Very interesting! Thanks for the heads up Jam. I knew someone out there would take this project on but had my doubts due to the complexity of it. I look forward to testing this bad boy!

Wow, well no harm in keeping an eye on it. Yes I know the "If" word surrounds this, but this could certainly encourage me to a new build and upgrade to WHS 2011. Happy Friday :)