Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ILO NAND error


Recommended Posts

I have the same thing and don't worry about it, as far as I know its a failure of the NAND ilo chip on the motherboard, its a fairly common problem with these systems.

 

I don't think it will effect the running of the system, apart from maybe the ilo?

 

Anyone else share their thoughts about this? Will it get worst?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, steeve said:

I have the same thing and don't worry about it, as far as I know its a failure of the NAND ilo chip on the motherboard, its a fairly common problem with these systems.

I don't think it will effect the running of the system, apart from maybe the ilo?

Anyone else share their thoughts about this? Will it get worst?

Just found this HPE advisory.... https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00048622en_us

 

I can vouch for the ILO NAND reformatting method being available on my G8 Microserver, so can somebody knowledgeable tell us if this is the right / safe way to go? Thanks

 

Update: this came from an HPE community link ... 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/hp-proliant-gen8-sd-card-issue-ilo-diagnostic/td-p/6971780/page/2#.X6uqtd9xfpg

 

...and on the final Page 3, the last comment was...

"I had the same message and iLO Version 2.7.2 offered the option to format NAND Flash, which I did. On reboot the error persists. But I found out that first setting iLO to factory defaults and then formatting did the job"

 

...so does this all make sense?

Edited by TomP
extra update info
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem

3 hours ago, TomP said:

Just found this HPE advisory.... https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00048622en_us

 

I can vouch for the ILO NAND reformatting method being available on my G8 Microserver, so can somebody knowledgeable tell us if this is the right / safe way to go? Thanks

 

Update: this came from an HPE community link ... 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/hp-proliant-gen8-sd-card-issue-ilo-diagnostic/td-p/6971780/page/2#.X6uqtd9xfpg

 

...and on the final Page 3, the last comment was...

"I had the same message and iLO Version 2.7.2 offered the option to format NAND Flash, which I did. On reboot the error persists. But I found out that first setting iLO to factory defaults and then formatting did the job"

 

...so does this all make sense?

How to set iLO to factory defaults settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spongebob said:

I have the same problem

How to set iLO to factory defaults settings?

I'm not sure, hopefully one of the site experts can help advise what is the best procedure.

 

I do note that the HPE advisory also says...

"After the NAND format is initiated, the iLO 4 is automatically reset and the iLO 4 GUI login page is displayed (the user will need to log into the iLO 4 GUI again)"

 

...so maybe the observed behaviour is expected, but the user that reset ILO defaults might not have logged into ILO4 GUI again?

 

 

 

Edited by TomP
typo correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomP said:

I'm not sure, hopefully one of the site experts can help advise what is the best procedure.

 

I do note that the HPE advisory also says...

"After the NAND format is initiated, the iLO 4 is automatically reset and the iLO 4 GUI login page is displayed (the user will need to log into the iLO 4 GUI again)"

 

...so maybe the observed behaviour is expected, but the user that reset ILO defaults might not have logged into ILO4 GUI again?

 

 

 

Did you manage to fix this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spongebob said:

Did you manage to fix this issue?

Not yet. I'm hoping one of the resident experts can confirm this method is the right thing to do before I do something I might regret.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, Spongebob said:

Did you manage to fix this issue?

While waiting for the experts to respond, my Gen 8 V2 ML310E also developed a NAND fault, so I decided to reformat.

 

ML310E went fine but the Microserver now gives a new message (attached). I did try refromatting again but the message persists, so has anybody any idea how to resolve?580327500_MicroservernewNANDwarning.thumb.jpg.f6e18d34ce12b184efab4e783dda181f.jpg

Microserver new NAND warning.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

About an year ago, I've bought an used Gen8 from the local ebay, with the same error.

 

From the iLo interface I've reformatted the iLo and the error is gone now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...