RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Live Ustream

Wezzie

I am sure this is a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. I have been able to catch the live ustream a few times now, but I am only getting your audio and the ads no video. Is there something special I have to do to watch it live?

Thanks You

wezzie

Correct, there has not been any video. Skype did allow multiuser video free for 1 week, so Jim tried it 1 week while Dave tried it another, but that was just between us. Jim told me that he purchased a license the the video streaming, so we should be able to patch in the ustream soon.

Thanks for listening live.

John.

Do I have to get a ustream id and password or can I just use my id and password for this site? If it is the latter I am in. I am not interested in a ustream account.

Do I have to get a ustream id and password or can I just use my id and password for this site? If it is the latter I am in. I am not interested in a ustream account.

You require a ustream account for it to work. Having said that, I have never received an email from ustream since I set up my account.

Jim

Technically you don't need a Ustream account. You can listen to the live audio as a visitor but you can't chat. However, Dave likes to see who is listening and encourages all to participate in the chat but that is totally up to each individual.

I hope to do video soon though! It's up to me to test it out so I need to get moving on it.

It's cool when you log in and chat. That way we can communicate with you and possibly talk about your comments on the show.

Yeah I wanted to chat last week but it wouldn't let me. I kept entering my credentials for this site and it would go back to the chat screen. So I would try to chat and then it would take to the login screen. A vicous loop.

Thanks to everyone who has made the Live Audio a success at the Show. Like Dave said, we are working on a video solution, it just is taking some time and the right equipment. Watch for it soon...I hope!

If you are having problems with the broadcast, you can always ping me on twitter. @jcollison and I will try to get them resolved ASAP.

Thanks again!