RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Console start errors

brwd09

I have a problem with starting the WHS Console. It always fails on the first attempt to start it, and then is sucsessful the second try. This is true for both starting it via a remote3 connection fromj a PC or directly on the server (mine is a home buiold with a monitor).

Any ideas?

What add-ins are your running. I had the same problem and found it to be one of my add-ins but I am not sure which one it was, I believe it was adminime but I do not recall. If you list you add-ins it might ring a bell.

There is usually an indication in the error message. If you can't figure it out, try and post a screen capture here, and we'll help out.

You can try ignore, then the next time you open the Console, it might correct itself and continue. Let us know.

What add-ins are your running. I had the same problem and found it to be one of my add-ins but I am not sure which one it was, I believe it was adminime but I do not recall. If you list you add-ins it might ring a bell.

I know at one point it was adminime. I recall you and I discussing issues we were seeing and the removal of adminime corrected all of them. Including the one by the OP.

There is usually an indication in the error message. If you can't figure it out, try and post a screen capture here, and we'll help out.

You can try ignore, then the next time you open the Console, it might correct itself and continue. Let us know.

Of course today it started up correctly the first time.

I have only 3 add-ins installed: Add-in Central, Home Server SMART, and Conflict Resolver.

The message that came upo when the console failed to start on the first try simply said that the console failed to start. Ensure that the server is on and try again; or something along those lines. It did not state why it failed, just that it had failed.

Hi,

- Go to the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

- Check out the files HomeServerConsole.xxxx.log (xxxx=datetime) when you had the error.

This should give you an indication of what went wrong; paste the errors here.

This can happen due to all kinds of reasons, usually addins (third party and WHS addins, like the Folders tab)

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by ASoft