RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 71, what do you think ?

diehard

CES 2010,

Dave,Jim & Chris had a late night podcast in Vegas. No news on WHS but there has been some Media Center mention.

Hot topic was a 4 tuner CableCard and a CableCard from HDHomerun. Looks like a bunch of DNLA compliant devices coming out.

So how will you intergrate what will be coming out with your Windows Home Server ?

John (homeservershow).

The show was interesting but I thought I dialed into a Media Center show. :)

It's disappointing that there wasn't much WHS news from CES 2010. When is Vail (WHS v2) going to appear?

WireBoy - sorry for all the Media Center stuff. You are right though, not a lot of WHS news at CES.

We pressed them several times to talk about v2 and were told in no way would they discuss that at this time. We will just have to wait. We did an interview with Mark Pendergrast from Microsoft on Friday night that Dave will be getting out on the show either this week or next. He had some interesting things to say.

Watch for the flood of info coming from us in the next two week. While it's not all WHS info, it is good info!

Media Center and WHS are like a set of siamese twins, so I like to hear everything from both of them, as I make use of both for my media needs.

Loved the show, and appreciate the time you folks take to bring us the information. Not easy at these very large shows. Thank You

Another great show but I missed John on it. He brings some extra enthusiasm that I always enjoy.

I was able to get a sneak peak at vail over the weekend. Things I captured from it, yes it is 64 bit and based on server 2008, the UI is pretty much the same as W7, the basic connector software is the same but somewhat improved. With all the "draft" placeholders I can't imagine it will be released any time soon (ie within 6 months).

Hi ImTheTypeOfGuy,

Thanks for the great compliment, you to TheGuy.

I'll say for all of us here at Home Server Show Podcast that we appreciate everyone who takes the time to say that they enjoy us and what we bring to the podcast. It's what keeps me coming back each week.

Thanks Jim Collison for the mention on the podcast. It was getting to the end of the podcast and I started thinking aw ha my name didn't come up :-( But you pulled the rabbit out of the hat and you all gave me kudos. Thanks team.

John (homeservershow).

I share the same seniments as "Imthetypeofguy" and you do bring a different demninsion to show not only with enthusiasm but an extremest as well. Being a fellow countryman (used to be anyway) it is interesting to hear you take on add-ins even though I use a much conservative approach to WHS. Keep and look forward to the next show from the whole team.

http://www.win7king.com/

Guest no-control

I liked this show as you could hear some of the geek enthusiasm in their tone or was it "vegas?" Too bad john didn't make it I missed hearing ya chime in. But I've taken a few canadians to Vegas...;)

In all honesty WHS is a hub that means I don't mind if it touches on other subjects relating to it. If nothing else just for the huh i didn't know that i usually get each show. Keep up the good work in twnety-ten guys.