RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iPhone 12

Trig0r

Anyone looked at these yet?

I've just ordered a normal 12 to replace my aging 6s, I was looking at the 12mini to start with but its physically smaller than my 6s so not going to bother, seems the 12 is a cm larger than the 6s but not as big as the older 6/7/8 Plus models which I always said were too large..

I was torn between the 2020SE and the 12, but given how long I keep my phones for I figured the better camera, slight increase in size (eyes are failing these days, and I have fat fingers so typing is becoming troublesome) the 12 was a decent upgrade..

Just need to find a decent case for it now...

TheGuru

I’m still on my iPhone X (the first one).

I came from an iPhone 7 and it was a huge upgrade. My youngest has got himself an iPhone 11 and that was a massive improvement over his iPhone 6S.

You may like or dislike the FaceID. For the most, I like it because it’s fast and works great, especially if you have been working outside doing things that scratches your finger(prints). 

During these times, when you need to wear a mask, well - you can guess how well FaceID works. 😁

The cameras are much, much better than the ones in the older models. I take a lot of pictures so a good camera is important to me. And even the (now “old”) iPhone X takes great pictures.

Just my two cents 😊

Trig0r

I should hope it is an improvement lol..

I was looking at the 2020SE for a while to keep the size I have now and the button, but decided I wanted 12 because I can and its a touch bigger which I hope will counter fat fingers and getting old :D

FaceID, I'm a bit meh about this one, I do like the fingerprint and home button way of doing things, and as you say, wearing masks is a PITA (Just been wearing a mask several hours a day at Spa24) and its not ideal..

Just need to get myself a decent case..

JROrtiz

I ended up pre-ordering a 12 Pro only because the T-Mobile trade-in deal was too good to pass up.

I'm an Android guy but unfortunately my employer only allows iPhones so I have an iPhone as a second device for work only. I have an X and I was considering either the 2020SE because of the fingerprint sensor (I loathe face unlock, even on my Pixel 4XL) and smaller size, or the 12 mini because of the size. However, the T-Mo deal only applied to the 12 or 12 Pro and with an all-in trade-in credit of $615 for an X ($415 trade-in + $200 bonus gift card), I figured I should maximize the value of the X and go for the 12. It's rare that existing customers get such generous deals and the X was going for about $350 on Swappa so I'm getting a great deal. 

The only reason I went with the Pro is that matte finish on the back. I don't care about anything else since it's basically just a work e-mail phone, but I'm a sucker for aesthetics. I'm probably going to put some vinyl on the sides to make it matte as well, but I'd rather just skin the edges than the entire back. 

Trig0r

I was originally looking at the mini because I was expecting it to be the same size as the 6s I already have, same as the 2020SE...
However it being smaller would have been ideal 5/10 years ago, but age seems to be affecting things, so where I originally said I wanted something the same size as the 6s/SE the small increase in size is probably a good thing...

What does bother me though is missing the button, as you say, I'm not a fan of FaceID either and prefer the TouchID side of things (which has only let me down once, I'd been snorkelling and managed to cut up the tips of most of my fingers, so TouchID shat itself) if I cant get along with it then I'll be going to the 2020SE...