RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Anyone shopping Prime Day? List your deal

Dave

Anyone? I’m about to take a look. Always up for camera deals. Maybe some Ring gear? Share links here. 

TheGuru

I'm in Europe. Denmark to be specific. No Amazon here.

But they are on their way to Sweden (neighbour country) so Denmark maybe next. Guess we'll soon see Jeff (Bezos) here...

Don't know if that will be 😃 or 🙁

Trig0r

tbh, Amazon isn't that bad to buy stuff from so it'll be a :) rather than :( that's my experience anyways..

I've been keeping an eye on stuff here, but nothings jumped out at me yet..

TheGuru

Given the latest Tech Antitrust Hearings, it's clear that Amazon is big and use their size to squeeze other and smaller companies.

The platform itself is great, i mean, anyone can be a reseller at Amazon, and that's great. I also purchase from Amazon (UK or Germany) from time to time mainly due to the huge amount of stuff you can get.

I'm just worried when tech Giants (all of them) uses their size to prevent, directly or indirectly, competitors from being in the market.

So, I'm not against Amazon, competition from others that shake up the way things has been done and a company that can do the same things in a smarter way is always great. As long as they don't kill competition.

I might be looking for a Microsoft Surface laptop 3, but I'm not sure that I can afford it at the moment. It's premium product but it also looks so good and I loved my Surface Laptop 2 that I used for work a while ago.

Edited by TheGuru
Added more info

Trig0r

Such is the "American dream", come here and you can do what you want and make a company, but then be sure as the sun rising that you'll get to a size and then we'll come and chop you up and make you pay for being so big and successful..

Although to be fair, I cant remember any bit carve ups since the Microsoft one and that was a long time ago, guess there are more brown envelopes being handed around these days..

nrf

did microsoft get carved up? seems like they just got slowed down so some other giants could emerge.

I for one would love to seem some great deals on name brand switches and unifi stuff.