RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen10 Service Pack 2020.09.0

Jason
47 minutes ago, GarethC said:

Where is best to do that Jason, not something I have done before?

@GarethC if you go to this address, you should be able to login with your existing HPE account.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/signin

If you haven't created one, click create account.  After login there will be a Case Manager menu option where you can initiate a simple support ticket.  Since it's their business/enterprise class support, they're way more responsive than a consumer case.

Also that same account can be used to quickly lookup new bios/firmware/updates for your Gen10 Plus within their web UI.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I could be premature, but it does appear that the latest iLO 5 Firmware 2.31 update for 13th Oct 2020 might have resolved the false SMART alert issue.

GarethC

Cheers, just installed. 

Edit, still getting in-undated with SATA drive errors.

Edited by GarethC
On 10/21/2020 at 3:06 PM, GarethC said:

Cheers, just installed. 

Edit, still getting in-undated with SATA drive errors.

Oddly I'm not receiving these alerts any longer since this update.  However I also updated the Agentless Management Services x64 to the most recent October 2020 version too.  You might also try that.

• Like 1

Strange. I’m not having the constant SMART errors anyMore and those appear to be the only system changes I’ve made since.

• 3 weeks later...

I take that back. Not quite sure whether this SMART error bug is part of the Agentless service driver or the BIOS itself. Regardless it is happening again in my system. As result have just disabled email alerting.