RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ImTheTypeOfGuy

HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632 (0F12117) 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

Dave

Sold out! See the blog for other drive deals!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Too bad it is limited to one drive per person.

Also, would it make that much of a difference in WHS with 32MB vs. 64MB cache?

Probably not, but I view that like buying last years model. Maybe I am a current model or best model only snob.

JediTim

Probably not, but I view that like buying last years model. Maybe I am a current model or best model only snob.

I am one for usually getting the better hardware but in reading info in regards to the 32MB vs. 64MB cache I don't believe there is a difference in the WHS environment. With that said and these drives not being Advanced Format I guess I would be better servered to utilze these drives over the WD Green drives.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am one for usually getting the better hardware but in reading info in regards to the 32MB vs. 64MB cache I don't believe there is a difference in the WHS environment. With that said and these drives not being Advanced Format I guess I would be better servered to utilze these drives over the WD Green drives.

I couldn't agree more. You will never find a WD product in my house. I view them kind of like apple. Instead of trashing the drives that doesn't meet their specs, they just downgraded them to a cheaper version and called them green. Making people think they were good for the environment, really? Okay I exagerate a little. To me this is no different than selling a phone with a known defect and putting a bandaid on it. I don't conduct business with companies like that. Not in my personal life or my work life. They will just cause you headaches later. Sorry, I am off the soap box now.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Are Sata III drives backwards compatable?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Are Sata III drives backwards compatable?

Anyone know the answer to the question? If it is unclear, can I buy Sata III drives and connect them to a MB with Sata II ports? I don't want to buy back in technology because eventually my MB will have Sata III ports.

usacomp2k3

Yes they are. You can even use them in a SATA1 mobo, you'll just lose some of the features of the drives.

Mr_Smartepants

I just got my 3 in the mail.

1 has a manufacturing date of Dec 2010 and has firmware "180"

2 have a manufacturing date of Mar 2011 and have firmware "580"

Does anyone have a link for the updated firmware for my odd-duck? www.hitachigst.com doesn't have any helpful links other than "contact support and request it, but you better have a damn good reason".