RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Appfillip

Problem with Bluescreen!

Appfillip

Hi, Everyone But facing problem regarding My Desktop of getting randomly Blue screen and shutdown. Sometime It won't even start because as I start my CPU and it had blue screen and shut down. I don't know what should I Do but changed my RAM and I thinking to change my Motherboard.  

Trig0r

Grab a copy of memtest boot CD/USB and run that, should stress the system enough to point you in a direction.

• Like 1

nrf

so this is where you realize you are your own warranty provider :(

since you mention blue screen I will assume windows is on there. windows is notoriously sensitive to ram issues especially at startup. booting literally anything else and seeing if it dies will give some distinction between issues like bad memory -vs- trouble with the data from/on the disk. given memory issues are frequent causes of blue screen I think the above recommendation about booting a memory tester is an excellent one. if you can soak it without a freeze or crash or reboot, I think that would rule out most power, thermal, ram, and cpu issues.

if the ram test itself has problems you are in the unenviable position of figuring out the hardware problem. normally I would start with a minimum amount of 'stuff' stuck into my motherboard and work my way up, testing each time. don't forget the power supply is in the equation too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• hhvdwatt
      By hhvdwatt
      Hi I am new to forum.

I have an HPE 40L Microserver and would like to upgrade the motherboard to something a bit more modern. 

From what is can find on this topic it would appear that the motherboard is mini-ITX like but not exactly. Has anyone ever resolved upgrading this with something new that works or should I just replace the server?

Thx in advance
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys, 

Bit of a random question here, and I know it depends on many factors such as what they are doing etc, but how many VMs have you guys comfortably ran on Gen8 with an E3-1265v2 and 16GB RAM? When did you start to see a performance hit compared to what the Gen8 is generally capable of?
    • dxzdxz1
      By dxzdxz1
      This is my first post here but I've been lurking in this forum for quite sometime now, and from what I understand, the only reason that we couldn't achieve 32gb ram on the Microserver Gen8 was because there was no 16gb unbuffered ecc ram available before.

I was searching for a memory module meeting this criteria and I found this one. My question is, letting aside this ridiculous price, is there any compatibility issue that could make this ram won't work on the Microserver Gen8?

Most of the threads here about memory compatibility are quite old and I didn't want to revive an old thread just to ask this, so I'm creating this one.

Thanks in advance.
    • AllanHP
      By AllanHP
      Hello guys, i have a HP ProLiant ml350p g8 I had installed one gpu card rx580 strix and I had used one gpu frequency  management call asus gpu tweakll, when I change gaming mode to silence mode my computer restart and I saw one red light on the motherboard, I fix the problem I had installed one old version of the asus tweakll, now the computer works well, but the red light still on, I used the software OCCT I checked psu memory gpu voltages run many testes and pass in all tests, I try to find in the manual what this red light is but I can't find, thanks for the help.

• Orion
      By Orion
      I am building a Ryzen machine. Using the new Ryzen 7. What is the best ram to use. Obviously ddr4. And recommendations on brand and size