RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
OlafB

Graphics card for ML150 Gen 9

OlafB

Hi folks, I am new to this forum and tried to find info about using an HPE Proliant Server (ML150 Gen9) as a powerful workstation using Windows 10. Got Windows 10 to install and drivers are loaded but I wanted to improve the graphics capabilities of the system. The built in video in not great. What are the recommendations? I read on this forum that Nvidia Quadro K2000 might work and I ordered one. Does anyone have any experience upgrading the graphics card on this system? Besides the onboard B140i controller, I have an HBA H240 installed in slot 2 and all my drives are on this controller.

Thanks,

Olaf

schoondoggy

The onboard graphics is part of the iLo chip. It is Matrox G200eh, not very good. The K200o is a good workstation graphics card. Bang for the buck you may want to look at a gaming card Nvidia 16xx family. You have two PCIe x16 slots so there is plenty of space to add one. One looking at graphics cards, budget is the real question. What CPU are you running? One or two?

OlafB

Thanks for the quick reply schoondoggy. The system has 2 Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10Ghz and each processor has 96GB to play with. The budget is not my biggest concern, just want something that works. No gaming but regular everyday application with good video performance. Besides being a workstation, it is also slated to be the NAS of my network (windows share).