RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
hhvdwatt

Motherboard upgrade

hhvdwatt

Hi I am new to forum.

I have an HPE 40L Microserver and would like to upgrade the motherboard to something a bit more modern. 

From what is can find on this topic it would appear that the motherboard is mini-ITX like but not exactly. Has anyone ever resolved upgrading this with something new that works or should I just replace the server?

Thx in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Appfillip
      By Appfillip
      Hi, Everyone But facing problem regarding My Desktop of getting randomly Blue screen and shutdown. Sometime It won't even start because as I start my CPU and it had blue screen and shut down. I don't know what should I Do but changed my RAM and I thinking to change my Motherboard.  
    • AllanHP
      By AllanHP
      Hello guys, i have a HP ProLiant ml350p g8 I had installed one gpu card rx580 strix and I had used one gpu frequency  management call asus gpu tweakll, when I change gaming mode to silence mode my computer restart and I saw one red light on the motherboard, I fix the problem I had installed one old version of the asus tweakll, now the computer works well, but the red light still on, I used the software OCCT I checked psu memory gpu voltages run many testes and pass in all tests, I try to find in the manual what this red light is but I can't find, thanks for the help.

• TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self
    • rhbkweb
      By rhbkweb
      Hi all,

As you may all know, in the last days where discovered 2 big security flaws on CPUs named Meltdown and Spectre (https://spectreattack.com/)

I have a HP Microserver N40L and after search the HP support site I did not find any information about how and if HP will release any patch or update to the N40L in order to fix this security issues.

Does anyone has any news or information about how HP is handling this?

Edit: Just found the HP page about this at: http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/securityalerts/SCAM/Side_Channel_Analysis_Method.html and I don't see any mention to HP microserver N40L

Thanks
    • Snake3y3s
      By Snake3y3s
      So I bought a HP Proliant micro server second hand from someone and im not too sure which one it is... so
      What is the difference between the 3?