RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Photo Contest

geek-accountant

Hey, one of my photos won a local photo contest. The contest is called "Snap Suwanee", Suwanee is the name of our town.

You can see the photo in one of two places:

Go down to where you can scroll through the images and find the one called "Good Morning, Suwanee" by Michael Howard.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/community/headlines/Our_Town_115305209.html

or on the Suwanee web page at:

www.suwanee.com

Follow the link called "Photogenic Suwanee" which is around the middle of the page. Once there you can click on the image and scroll through them to find mine, named "Good Morning, Suwanee".

In addition to being on the Suwanee web site all year, the winning images will be on display at city hall beginning March 1st.

Mike

Edited by geek-accountant

Congrats too. It's interesting how the foreground appears to run on the diagonal while

the background is on the level. All the snow must have been during the time I couldn't

get to Miami because of ATL being shut down? Congrats again.

The snow shot was from someone else, but I think it was during the "big" snow we had last year since the photos had to be turned in by December 31st.

In my shot, the ground is not level in the park (Suwanee Town Center) which is giving it that look. The shot took over 2 hours to get set up. I got there way before sunrise and looked for the best location. Then just had to wait for the sun. I took a bunch of photos before this one and a few after, but this one as the sun just peaked over the buildings was my favorite. I was a little surprised how little time it was in that perfect position, about a minute or two at the most. One other thing about the image, it's an HDR image. HDR (high dynamic range) is a process of taking multiple images at various exposures and then blending them into one to better display what it looked like in real life. Cameras have a limited dynamic range that doesn't come close to what we can see with the human eye. HDR makes up for some of this shortfall.

No, the lens was closed down pretty good, something like F11 or more. Plus as the sun peaked over the buildings it was pretty strong. I thought of removing them, but decided I like them in the image and it made it more of a pure shot.

Well, I only sleep about 5 hours a night anyway, although it is usually in the other direction (staying up late, not getting up early).