RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microserver Gen10 Build

GarethC

• 6 months later...

I’ve just ordered another Gen10 Plus to the same spec (excluding the NVMEs) to replace my Gen8.

Posted (edited)

Up and running on the 2 x Gen10 Plus servers now, just waiting on another E2246G for the bottom one (expected at the end of the month).

Gen 10 Plus.JPG

Edited by GarethC

What are those things the Gen10s are sitting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

@GarethC

I have two questions.

Is it essential to use the Lyca DT-130 NVMe controller? I mean, is it not possible to use a simple adapter available on the market?

As for the fans, I understand that you have put the 30×30 fans, because the 40 fans will touch the hard drive enclosure, right? thanks.

6 hours ago, Robertomcat said:

@GarethC

I have two questions.

Is it essential to use the Lyca DT-130 NVMe controller? I mean, is it not possible to use a simple adapter available on the market?

As for the fans, I understand that you have put the 30×30 fans, because the 40 fans will touch the hard drive enclosure, right? thanks.

No, its not essential to use the Lycom controller, you could use a much cheaper / simpler single slot card but there are no guarantees of not getting issues (i tried my luck with the Lycom as only the Startech card had been tested but I believe its basically the same card). Yes, any larger on the fans and you will have problems closing the server as they will hit the hard drive enclosure.