RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intel CPU Shortage

GarethC

Yeah there is just isn’t any stock, i figure the likelihood of the CPU not working is very low, i’m sure it will be fine.  I was supposed to get the server today, but eBuyer have been useless, hopefully tomorrow. 

I've finally got hold of the server and the Xeon turned up this morning too, so the Pentium spent all of 10 mins in the machine just long enough for me to configure the iLO then i switched it over to the Xeon. I'll put a full update on once I've finished building it and its up and running, 64GB comes tomorrow. 

Nice, I wouldn't mind having a play with one but I think for the price, especially when you've given it suitable grunt, is just out of reach these days, I spent loads on my Gen8, to do the same again, especially coming from a self-build now would just not give me the same sort of price/performance as the Gen8 did coming from the N40L..

First HPE MicroServer here. Xeon. 64 GB RAM. Seems to do great for hosting file server and Hyper-V VMs consuming so little power and such small footprint. However moved more CPU and GPU intensive chores to a separate Intel Skylake 6th gen Core i5-9550 box.