RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
TonyTheTechie

HP Microserver Gen8 Drive Bracket

TonyTheTechie

Does anyone know when the SDM R4 will be back in stock?

Trig0r

@schoondoggy is your man, not sure they will though as think he uploaded the plan for them a while back so people could do their own as the number required to make it worth while made it not worth while...

• Thanks 1

schoondoggy

I will not be producing any more of the SDM G8 brackets. As @Trig0r mentioned, the minimum order from my sheet metal house is 125 units. I do have some R3.5 brackets that hold one or two drive. I did post the drawings for people that want to build their own SDM R4. You could also post in the Buy and Sell section that you want to buy one, there may be a used one available.

paradox

What's the largest size HDD that the V3 bracket can support on the side? In a rush and can't really search the topic. Also do you have a link to exactly what mini fan will fit on the blower hole on the bracket?

Thanks again.

para

Luckski
Posted (edited)

Have you got the Plans dimensions ect 

I could CAD them out and 3D Print 

May have a measure up and design as just got server and currently drive sits in DVD compartment 

Edited by Luckski

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, Luckski said:

Have you got the Plans dimensions ect 

I could CAD them out and 3D Print 

May have a measure up and design as just got server and currently drive sits in DVD compartment 

Luckski

Thank you i will see what i can come up with on Printer 

Luckski

The one i have just finished is for DVD Tray
Needs felting up

cc.png

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
    • Dave
      By Dave
      The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

The SDM R4 is a bracket that facilitates mounting two additional 2.5″ drives in a HP MicroServer Gen8. There are also mounting holes for fans across the bottom to help cool RAID/SATA cards. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.

With optional Stackers you can run four 2.5″ drives on the SDM R4. The SDM R4 will support four 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run four drives on the SDM R4, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair, four drives will require two SSB kits. Because of the size of the SDM R4, if you are going to boot your server using the internal USB port, you will need to use a USB stick that is shorter than 1″. For more information on mounting instructions look here: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

The SDM R3.5 is in stock and ready to ship!

The SDM R3.5 is a bracket that facilitates mounting one additional 2.5″ drive in a HP MicroServer Gen8. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.
      With optional Stackers you can run two 2.5″ drives on the SDM R3.5. The SDM R3.5 will support two 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run two drives on the SDM R3.5, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair. For more information on mounting instructions look here:  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

SSB-9.5 for 9.5mm drives $10

Schoondoggy Stacking Brackets can be used to stack two 2.5” drives. All screws are included

SSB-7 for 7mm drives $10

SOC-MSG8-R1 kit for 9.5mm optical drives to latch it in place. Screws included $9.

The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      I installed a BU50N Blu-ray 4K drive in my HPE ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer.  Worked out well, I'm using PowerDVD13 -- I had to restart the "Machine" several times before it saw the ODD but "Machine" finally figured it out.

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      I already had been running with a SDM-BETA in the G10 MS with a Samsung SSD mounted on it.  I switched out the Samsung and replaced it with a WL500GLSA8100 10K RPM 500GB 2.5" drive and it has been running well for some time now.  Works well IMO.